Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yeah. for example.. i met a really cute indian girl the other day, on an elevator. she gave me her business card, but she's new and she works in my organization.... so the situation was ambiguous. For all I know she's married.
but you got her name and number (bravo!)... and it's wide open. Since she works in your organization, you could easily just call her up and ask her to lunch... show her around (if she's new to the area). If not, give me her name and number. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 06:25 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Is it efficient online? Are most people honest online?
I don't know if most people are honest online, but I would never have met most of the people I have gone out with IRL because they wouldn't have been at the bar scene or wherever (and neither was I). They were busy leading normal lives.

After college, the chances of meeting someone really good 'out and about' are pathetically slim. In fact, I only know of one marriage that has resulted from a random meeting at a bar. Mostly it's people who knew each other from college, grad school, work, mutual friends, or the internet.

Besides, lots of people at bars lie, too...I had one guy try to pick me up with my own car (by pointing it out in the parking lot and telling me it was his).

Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
After college, the chances of meeting someone really good 'out and about' are pathetically slim.
I disagree with this statement. There are plenty of ways to meet people. Through other people, work, country club, gym, train (i ride the train a lot). One girl that I'm kind of seeing right now I met at a a local soccer game. It's very similar to the internet I guess. If you stay inside, you'll never run into anyone... just like if you never join a dating site, you'll never meet anyone online.

I meet people all the time out and about.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I disagree with this statement. There are plenty of ways to meet people. Through other people, work, country club, gym, train (i ride the train a lot). One girl that I'm kind of seeing right now I met at a a local soccer game. It's very similar to the internet I guess. If you stay inside, you'll never run into anyone... just like if you never join a dating site, you'll never meet anyone online.

I meet people all the time out and about.
If you say so. A lot of women don't like being approached at the gym (it's a sacred time and violates their safe zone of working out)...and I mentioned the work and the other people...those are good ways, in my opinion, to meet other people. Although you really shouldn't sh*t where you eat.

I meet a TON of people out and about. But almost no one I'd want to date...if I relied on being out and about to meet the type and quality of people I wanted to meet (which is already a tiny population), I'd meet someone every two years or something...even if all I did was go out every day.

Btw, my wife is an old friend from high school's younger sister. BUT because we lived in different cities for a while, the internet is how we got to really know each other.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:50 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,997,048 times
Online dating brings ease and there's no rejection which is good. You can link up with someone, meet for a date and if there's no chemistry you can just go home afterwards with no worries. Beats going out and getting shut down.

Socializing isn't that easy anyway. If I go to a bar I just sit there alone, have a few drinks and bail. Every woman in there is with a guy or with friends. The few dates I've had over the past decade have all come from online dating ventures. Sad but true.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,901,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
But,most of those 20 somethings men are looking for what? It certainly isn't dating,most men I see are only online for sex
LOL thats not just online!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships