Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times

Advertisements

You, guys, are clueless 'cause you don't read chick mags!

I was just reading Glamour on my lunch break and there were these 12 ways to flirt without saying a word. Sure enough, one of them was:

Touch him somewhere un-erogenous - wrist, elbow - but also unnecessary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
It's really awkward feeling. I was walking around with this lady I met recently. It wasn't a date, just a friendly thing. It was weird because our hands touched a couple times on accident when we were walking. And we just pretend that it didn't happen twice in a minute. It's not like it normally happens with people. It doesn't really matter, just got me wondering.
C'mon Felix are you really that immature? Hands touch and then you're all awkward about it? Are you 12 years old?

Geezuz.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
C'mon Felix are you really that immature? Hands touch and then you're all awkward about it? Are you 12 years old?

Geezuz.
and what about that would prompt you to get so worked up about it that you are posting jabs anonymously behind your computer?

Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,706 times
Quote:
It's really awkward feeling. I was walking around with this lady I met recently. It wasn't a date, just a friendly thing. It was weird because our hands touched a couple times on accident when we were walking. And we just pretend that it didn't happen twice in a minute. It's not like it normally happens with people. It doesn't really matter, just got me wondering.
Did the other person even notice? When I would sit next to my friend's wife, her feet would always rest against my leg. Every time. For a year I kept thinking "why does she do that?" So, one time I flat out asked her; turns out she never even noticed that her bare feet were touching my bare leg. How could she have never noticed? She just wasn't spatially aware, I guess. It definitely didn't mean anything.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times
Quote:
and what about that would prompt you to get so worked up about it that you are posting jabs anonymously behind your computer?
How is it a jab to ask if you're immature to get all flustered over a hand brushing against yours?

Seriously. Are you over 30?

Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
How is it a jab to ask if you're immature to get all flustered over a hand brushing against yours?

Seriously. Are you over 30?

dude, you are putting words in my mouth. i didn't get flustered. i said it was awkward.

by the way, it has been confirmed that she is in to me

Old 06-16-2011, 03:11 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,181 times
Just say that you weren't making a come-on or anything, it was just a bump. This kind of thing happens, if you weren't trying to be flirtatious, just say so.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I'm not sure it was an accident.

That is, by the way, just about the sexist thing ever IMHO. Many a relationship I had started with that "accidental" brushing and suddenly you are holding hands...

//gettin' hot in here.
It actually is. That little tingle when you're kinda-sorta surprised by a brushing touch...then you meet the person's eyes for just a second and then you look away and...

Ah, never mind. Gotta go take a shower!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:

by the way, it has been confirmed that she is in to me
Awesome!!!! DON'T bring up the accidental touch, no matter what. That will totally un-romanticize things. Just keep waking close together. Just let it develop.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:30 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You, guys, are clueless 'cause you don't read chick mags!

I was just reading Glamour on my lunch break and there were these 12 ways to flirt without saying a word. Sure enough, one of them was:

Touch him somewhere un-erogenous - wrist, elbow - but also unnecessary!
That's where you get your advice?
To the OP: Next time while walking do so constantly facing each other and should your lips touch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships