Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,780 times

Advertisements

To the women when you first meet a guy, and you touch them does that mean you usually like them?

Met a girl tonight while eating with my dad...she knows my dad and touched him, but later on while talking to her she touched me on my shoulder and back...does that hint anything?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
To the women when you first meet a guy, and you touch them does that mean you usually like them?

Met a girl tonight while eating with my dad...she knows my dad and touched him, but later on while talking to her she touched me on my shoulder and back...does that hint anything?

thanks

I don't think you can assume that.
Some people are touchy-feely. Some are not.
A lot of it depends on how you were raised.
I have female coworkers who run around touching me and each other constantly; it seems every time I pass them in the hall, they want to give me a hug. Every time they want to tell me something, they touch my shoulder, arm, or back.
I don't assume they're lesbians and they're sexually interested in me because of this.
It's just the way some women are. With everyone.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,780 times
yea i figured it could any way...just wanted to hear some opinions..thanks

Old 06-20-2009, 08:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Why? Are you hoping for more, I assume?

Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 AM

709 posts, read 1,766,997 times
Quote:

thanks
All that touching means that she wants to have a threesome with you and your dad. Where do you meet these sexual freaks anyways ?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:04 AM

318 posts, read 820,548 times
Nope, don't mean a thang. It just means that she finds you to be fun and is somewhat comfortable around you. I suggest you stop zeroing in on one act of friendliness and stop getting strange ideas from it. If a girl likes you, unless she's really shy, she'll make it known. Believe me.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:

thanks
Shoulder and back, no.

Inside of your thigh, you're probably onto something.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
If it were just you, I'd say, that may be a clue she's interested. The fact that she touched you and your dad seems to point to that she's just a touchy kind of gal. (If we were more in tune with our nature, we'd be touching each other a LOT more in non sexual ways.) I guess one way you can tell in the future if you're getting signals or just ran into a toucher is to watch to see how long she takes to touch. If she touches you right away with no hint of hesitation or self consciousness, she's probably just a toucher. If she seems to pull back for a second before putting her hand on your upper arm (like it's taboo), and then she keeps it there for a few, rewarding seconds before pulling away... I'd say you're probably getting some good signals to go ahead. Now, if she does this, and then turns around and does it to your dad in the exact same way ... this girl is a freak. Run. You don't want any part of what she has in mind.

Quote:

thanks

Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,385 times
Sorry, it doesn't necessarily mean she's into you. I'd have to actually see the rest of her body language, but generally speaking, since some women are very into touching people (regardless of gender) I wouldn't read any romantic/sexual interest into her touching you on the shoulder or back.

Hmm, upper back? Lower back? That could make a difference.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
does that hint anything?
No, not what you're thinking it means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships