Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,346,249 times

Advertisements

Sly was and still is the MAN! Am I right fellas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Here is another PERFECT example. I guarantee you EVERY single one of these guys is an ALPHA. Why, you say? The whole time you are pushed to your absolute limit. More like above your limit. They are begging for you to step off and ring the bell. In fact, they encourage it. They only want the guys who want it more than anything and will do anything to get it. This weeds out all beta males. Men already knew that though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeSyl1CGIQ

Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

14,597 posts, read 23,249,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Sly was and still is the MAN! Am I right fellas?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Maybe you want that Big Mac at McDonald's? The Alpha would run 10 blocks to get it in the middle of winter! LOL No one fools us, right guys?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:44 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,941,829 times
sigh please dont become another one of our resident amateur social psychologists. "social dominance" is attractive in all levels whether your male or female or for romance or work promotion. It means a mastery of social skills and natural charisma.

Females are attracted to men who are leaders, are confident, have prestige (any type), and make money (equals security). This is relationship 101.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
sigh please dont become another one of our resident amateur social psychologists. "social dominance" is attractive in all levels whether your male or female or for romance or work promotion. It means a mastery of social skills and natural charisma.

Females are attracted to men who are leaders, are confident, have prestige (any type), and make money (equals security). This is relationship 101.
Agreed for the most part, although the popularity of so-called "bad boys" suggests that it's not always about social skills either.

But I'd turn the OP's questions around, and ask whether it's even desirable to win the attraction of the sort of woman who chooses her mates this way (unconsciously or otherwise)?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 AM

37,947 posts, read 46,672,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
Is there anything that would attract a woman to a regular guy more than his social dominance? (I say regular guy, b.c we are taking the variables of money, status , out of this equation)

It seems that most women will try to bag a guy who converses a lot with others, male and female. Whether or not if anything of intelligent value comes out of his mouth much.

"Bag a guy"??

This is related to a previous thread today that talked about feminizing men. Back in the day it didn't matter as much if men were good at socializing. Today, it is a deal breaker for most women.

Ah, no...I don't think that's true at all.

Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks. While the men who are more humble and courteous , will just let the others talk and not want to be rude to interrupt, and probably couldn't give a crap what the lame discussion is about, will have a hard time getting a lady.

Where do you get these notions? Such men are simply RUDE.
My comments are in RED above. Personally, I think you are confusing good conversationalists with arrogant blowhards. The first is a good thing (although certainly not a deal breaker ) and the second is totally unappealing to most women.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:08 PM

14,597 posts, read 23,249,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Agreed for the most part, although the popularity of so-called "bad boys" suggests that it's not always about social skills either.
Here's the thing, it's not the "bad boy" that attracts the females, it's just that being a bad boy pretty much requires the attributes that make someone an alpha male, and THAT attracts the girls.

You can be an alpha male without being a bad boy, but not really the other way around.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,551,670 times
Good point, although it also depends on "who" they're "alphas" to. Remember that "bad boys" are only alphas for certain types of people (both male & female), but for many others not so much. It's also why we have "politics".

Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 AM

5,076 posts, read 14,706,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
Is there anything that would attract a woman to a regular guy more than his social dominance? (I say regular guy, b.c we are taking the variables of money, status , out of this equation)

It seems that most women will try to bag a guy who converses a lot with others, male and female. Whether or not if anything of intelligent value comes out of his mouth much.

This is related to a previous thread today that talked about feminizing men. Back in the day it didn't matter as much if men were good at socializing. Today, it is a deal breaker for most women.

I've seen really attractive men (no homo) who can't get a girlfriend b.c they are not socially dominant. They do however get one night stands for their looks sometimes. I've known some really out of shape, I mean really out of shape guys, get some pretty dang good lookin gals , b.c they were Socially dominant. I'm not talking about people who get married when they are thinner and then the guy ends up getting fat. I'm talking about two single people where the woman will choose the guy who can't take care of himself physically but knows how to start and keep a conversation going , over the guy who takes care of his body but doesn't know how to start up conversations with strangers or keep up with small talk as easily.

Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks. While the men who are more humble and courteous , will just let the others talk and not want to be rude to interrupt, and probably couldn't give a crap what the lame discussion is about, will have a hard time getting a lady.

Maybe it's b.c when a woman's main role in society was to be good mothers, the woman would take care of the socializing of the neighbors and family and friends and send out the invites for a get together. And the husband was just there when got off work to start mingling with the guests as well.

Where as now a days, women do a lot of socializing all the time, while they are at work. Before they were sadly alone at the home for most of the day or with the kids.

Quite interested in hearing what you all have to say about this , especially from the women.

Different things attract women to different men. Some men it might be their looks, some perhaps have an obvious wealthy social standing, and some have a lot of personality and maybe not a lot in the other aforementioned departments.

I don't agree that all women though are attracted to what you are describing as a loud, obnoxious (cutting into conversations) type person. Not all women appreciate a man who is loud and aggressive. I've always been won over by personality vs anything else. I don't care how much money you make, what kind of car you drive but please do have goals, aspirations, a job and have your life sorted out and please have a huge dose of personality and confidence. I would tend to think that most women would sooner appreciate a man like this.

Men have always been, are now and will always be somewhat socially awkward - NOT all men but a lof of them are. They lack the confidence necessary to approach a woman, to start up a conversation, etc... they just don't know how to be sociable in most cases. Again, not all men but a lot of them.

When women are like this, they say they are lacking self esteem. Well, men can also lack self esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships