Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,766,510 times

Advertisements

Galahad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Question for the ladies: out of sheer curiosity here, would you hypothetically be willing to date, or be attracted to at all, the kind of male figure with the qualities described in the wikipedia article above? Sir Galahad, the (albeit fictional) greatest, most pure, and most heroic, of Camelot's Knights of the Round Table? Or not? Also if not, can you please elaborate, on why not exactly?

Turn-on, or turn-off, for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,086,203 times
No. If he's totally "pure," then he wouldn't want to ....... well, you know ....... before marriage.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 PM

380 posts, read 796,235 times
A white night type? No thanks. I don't need saving.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
A white night type? No thanks. I don't need saving.
But you don't want your own personal hero, either?

haha sorry, j/k there...I understand, what you mean

Old 01-03-2011, 01:49 PM

727 posts, read 540,816 times
I am just waiting for my asexual hero coming with horse and sword And with ponytail of course

Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
What would the benefit be?

I think most men have qualities of Sir Galahad at times.

Like when your car gets a flat on the side of the road, it's raining and your hands are full and you need help with shelter to your car (he holds the umbrella).

But for all practical purposes in 2011 - We live in reality, not fantasy land - why is reality so difficult for some people to deal with, that they prefer their lives to be props for the purpose of being a "stand-in" for Sir Galahad?

Seriously?

Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
I am just waiting for my hero coming with horse and sword And with ponytail of course

Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM

727 posts, read 540,816 times
Picture is gone

Old 01-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What would the benefit be?

I think most men have qualities of Sir Galahad at times.

Like when your car gets a flat on the side of the road, it's raining and your hands are full and you need help with shelter to your car (he holds the umbrella).

But for all practical purposes in 2011 - We live in reality, not fantasy land - why is reality so difficult for some people to deal with, that they prefer their lives to be props for the purpose of being a "stand-in" for Sir Galahad?

Seriously?
It's not that I am "denying", reality, or living in, "fantasy" -- it's just that, I feel "drawn" in many ways, to the things the Sir Galahad ideal stands for. The paladin archetype, which was actually based, in a large part, on the Sir Galahad Arthurian lengends. Trying one's best, to be heroic, virtuous, pure.

If you're familiar at all with the D&D "Paladin" character class, you may be familiar, with what I mean here.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,634,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Galahad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Question for the ladies: out of sheer curiosity here, would you hypothetically be willing to date, or be attracted to at all, the kind of male figure with the qualities described in the wikipedia article above? Sir Galahad, the (albeit fictional) greatest, most pure, and most heroic, of Camelot's Knights of the Round Table? Or not? Also if not, can you please elaborate, on why not exactly?

Turn-on, or turn-off, for you?
One of the things that happens when we believe in heroes is that we deify them to the point where we can see no bad things about them.

Galahad was exposed to idealism only when Guinevere tried to turn him into a knight without physical desire, atoning perhaps for her sins with his father. When he finds out about the affair, he cannot reconcile this behavior with his idealistic view of the world and instead proclaims he is going on a "search for the holiest treasure in the world"; the Grail becomes a refuge for his social and interpersonal failures with other people who have "larger hearts and more generous thoughts".

Hardly the perfect Man. Good, but not perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships