Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:01 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,196,502 times

Advertisements

Ok, for lthe first time since I moved to my new state I've had a guy my own age ask me out. Allright first guy to ask me out since I usually call the shots. he's ok, but I kinda tell it like it is. I don't want to date, we can hang out, if I like you fine, I might just use you for sex, we can be buds, or it's not gonna fly. I always say I don't do the traditional bf/gf thing and have NO interest in it.

So, if a guy still wants to go out, is he secretely hoping to change my mind? Or be just used for sex? Curious since I really haven't had much to do with men my age in years.

me-age 44
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,209,062 times
I'll be blunt. I have no idea what your point is. If I was to hazard a guess.. you do not want guys to approach you? If you like to call the shots perhaps you should give better directions. That way you minimize hitting the wrong target.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
Ok, for lthe first time since I moved to my new state I've had a guy my own age ask me out. Allright first guy to ask me out since I usually call the shots. he's ok, but I kinda tell it like it is. I don't want to date, we can hang out, if I like you fine, I might just use you for sex, we can be buds, or it's not gonna fly. I always say I don't do the traditional bf/gf thing and have NO interest in it.

So, if a guy still wants to go out, is he secretely hoping to change my mind? Or be just used for sex? Curious since I really haven't had much to do with men my age in years.

me-age 44
I would think you need to ask each guy you go out with that question. As long as you are up front about being emotionally unavailable and using them for sex I suspect they are willing to use you and be used similarly for sex. Why shouldn't they as that is really all that is left if you are not looking for a relationship.

What was the point of starting a thread on this?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,745,452 times
Kind of confused as to what the question is. Seems more like a thread overexplaining about how the OP doesn't "need" a relationship.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,413,302 times
Quote:

me-age 44
Used for sex? That's strange. With that kind of philosophy, I bet you he thinks he is using YOU for sex.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,402,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Kind of confused as to what the question is. Seems more like a thread overexplaining about how the OP doesn't "need" a relationship.
Yeah, how hard can it be to just tell every guy who shows interest in you: "I'm not looking for a relationship, but you're cute so let's f---"."

Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,909,163 times
I too, like others not sure what the OP means here.

Is this some kind of I am woman hear me roar type of thing.

Who give a rats ass really.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:32 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,601,756 times
Quote:

me-age 44
Words guys dread to hear.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,196,502 times
OP here, would men rather hear the truth or have you blow smoke up their arse. Doesn't matter my history, cuz I know it and it's irrelevant to the simple statements. So it seems simple to me.............if you tell the man your modus operandi and he doesn't get it, do you dismiss him . Can't get any clearer than this. And yes this is what you get from me...........

Old 11-07-2010, 02:16 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,413,302 times
Quote:
OP here, would men rather hear the truth or have you blow smoke up their arse. Doesn't matter my history, cuz I know it and it's irrelevant to the simple statements. So it seems simple to me.............if you tell the man your modus operandi and he doesn't get it, do you dismiss him . Can't get any clearer than this. And yes this is what you get from me...........
I think my issue was with the way you presented it with your "Use them for sex". I'm sure if a man decided to post something like that, it would cause a huge stir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships