Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,689,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I've probably heard even arguments of both. A lot of men say, a body can be whipped into shape but an ugly face can't, I have to wake up to the face so that's more important, If they start out ugly they only get uglier, face is #1.....Probably if they're going to stay with her they go for the face--unless the body is too far gone.
It also depends on what kind of relationship the guy's looking for. If he's just looking for a one-night stand, he'll probably focus more on her body. If he's looking to have kids someday, then he's probably not going to want to have kids who are unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM

7,349 posts, read 6,986,710 times
Default personally the whole package says every thing.

My interests are vast, I am very complex.
a person that takes care of their body says a great deal about their general life style.
i expect the person i am looking at cares for them selves just the same as I care for my self , it is only fair.
she represents me and I represent her.
if I can disipline my self to diet and excersize so can she .
A person is born with their face and certain features that make each individual distinctive .
Doing nothing to help one's self is just plain lazy, who want's to date that or be connected to that ,except some one with the same mental attitude.
I look at the personality and her mother, which generally says it all.
when hard times come , that is the nature and look they wil fall back on, bet on it .( some exception may apply , only found a few)
Women with looks know it but are usually players, the same with men.
they have looks but that is the depth of their whole personality.
Guys that might be worth knowing are convinced that good looking women are hard to please, shallow, and have a single agenda, a wealthy man. He has already taken him self out of the picture. When he does make a move his theory is proven right.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:45 PM

951 posts, read 1,816,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
weird... face for a wife, body for short term.....
Most men interested in marriage know that the body seldom lasts much beyond the serving of the wedding cake. If they don't know that, I suggest that they take a nephew to the zoo or somehwere else where women with kids congregate and see what I mean.

Guys interested only in sex only have plans for some variety, but not that type of variety.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,557,544 times
It appears to me that most women labelled as pretty, gorgoeus, stunning, beautiful, hot, etc, tend to have very pretty faces first and foremost.

Go figure.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:46 PM

5 posts, read 5,990 times
I would prefer the hot body to the doll face.

My last girlfriend had a smokin athletes body and a homely face. (we're still friends after she moved away) Their homely face becomes attractive to you when you care for them. The sexual impulse doesn't change its wants however you feel about the person.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,067,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBeefcake View Post
I would prefer the hot body to the doll face.

My last girlfriend had a smokin athletes body and a homely face. (we're still friends after she moved away) Their homely face becomes attractive to you when you care for them. The sexual impulse doesn't change its wants however you feel about the person.
Good post.

Thats why I can deal with a woman who may not have such a good looking face if her body is nice. But with an ugly fat/obese/anorexic body there is just ZERO sexual attraction. ZERO!!! Even if she has a beautiful face like Kim Kardashian, Olivia Munn or Ashwara Rai, but if its on a fat body I would so not be interested.

Now, you can put the god awful ugly mugs of Rosie O'Donnell, Wendy Williams, Lassie, Anne Coulter, Amy Winehouse or Venus Williams on a body like Sofia Vergara of the TV show Modern Family and they would STILL have men flirting and wanting to be with them and calling them "HOT" and "SEXY".

Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM

25 posts, read 53,808 times
a man from Asia supports this statement also

Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM

37,833 posts, read 46,401,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Good post.

Thats why I can deal with a woman who may not have such a good looking face if her body is nice. But with an ugly fat/obese/anorexic body there is just ZERO sexual attraction. ZERO!!! Even if she has a beautiful face like Kim Kardashian, Olivia Munn or Ashwara Rai, but if its on a fat body I would so not be interested.

Now, you can put the god awful ugly mugs of Rosie O'Donnell, Wendy Williams, Lassie, Anne Coulter, Amy Winehouse or Venus Williams on a body like Sofia Vergara of the TV show Modern Family and they would STILL have men flirting and wanting to be with them and calling them "HOT" and "SEXY".
Man...is she hot or what? I'm a straight gal and I think she is just the bomb!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM

545 posts, read 1,559,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
It's a situation many women dread: the leering man at the bar. And it would now appear they have every right to be suspicious that men are more interested in their bodies than their brains.

Men look at bodies, not faces, when picking date - Telegraph
How exactly do you suppose men to figure out women's "brains" by just looking at her?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:34 PM

545 posts, read 1,559,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
Breaking news: Scientists discover water is indeed wet!
Not true. Water can't be wet by itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships