Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,738,411 times

Advertisements

I prefer a good body and good face on women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,032,134 times
On the physical level I'm a face-man, first and foremost; always have been, with the exception of a few semi-drunken occasions when I was a kid and just looking for sex (NOT my prouder moments).

I'd take Melissa McCarthy any day over, say, Jillian Michaels who, for all that she's rock-hard, has a face like a Maurice Sendak sketch from Where the Wild Things Are.

However, BOTH fall a distant second and third place to a lumpy, groovy, deeply-trenched brain capable of expressing itself eloquently combined with a kind nature and good humour. And that's not me blowing sunshine; a body doesn't last forever, and I have to wake up to a face -- but I talk to her for the rest of my life, after both are long gone!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,364,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
On the physical level I'm a face-man, first and foremost; always have been, with the exception of a few semi-drunken occasions when I was a kid and just looking for sex (NOT my prouder moments).

I'd take Melissa McCarthy any day over, say, Jillian Michaels who, for all that she's rock-hard, has a face like a Maurice Sendak sketch from Where the Wild Things Are.

However, BOTH fall a distant second and third place to a lumpy, groovy, deeply-trenched brain capable of expressing itself eloquently combined with a kind nature and good humour. And that's not me blowing sunshine; a body doesn't last forever, and I have to wake up to a face -- but I talk to her for the rest of my life, after both are long gone!
You are right on,Women can be very beautiful, but if that's all they are' what happens when their beauty fades.A delicious cake without the icing is much more satisfying than a rotten cake with beautiful icing on top.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,079,772 times
Both are deal breakers. If your body is in terrible shape i.e, too thin or too obese. Then, we will have problems. How can you be comfortable with a body that feels and looks terrible. If your face looks hideous but your body is fine we are still going to have severe problems with regard to dating. How can I kiss a hideous face? Your body and face have to both be in great shape in order to date me.

My face naturally looks good because I have fine features. However, I make a big effort to keep my body thin and in shape. I also make an effort to keep my teeth, skin, and hair looking good. My partner must do the same.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM

A good personality and good character are also very good too. Looks aren't everything. It's the combination of characteristics that matter the most. Of course society is so dumbed down that they don't even know what a good personality looks like. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You are right on,Women can be very beautiful, but if that's all they are' what happens when their beauty fades.A delicious cake without the icing is much more satisfying than a rotten cake with beautiful icing on top.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM

380 posts, read 798,908 times
Im not a guy but I dont know if I agree with this totally. Who do you think coined the phrase butterface...Im going to go out on a limb here and say it prob wasn't a woman.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 AM

That's a stupid saying. It's so rude. You either like a person or you don't. You cannot half like the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Im not a guy but I dont know if I agree with this totally. Who do you think coined the phrase butterface...Im going to go out on a limb here and say it prob wasn't a woman.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,723,167 times
I have a friend who...well...she doesn't exactly have a pretty face, but she has a BANGIN body and big fake boobs and she gets by and far the most male attention when we go out. Even though she's kind of mean, is a single mom and isn't all that attractive.

I have another friend I regularly go out with who has a really pretty face, but she's about 30 lbs overweight (and at 5'10, it's pretty noticeable) and hardly ever gets hit on... she's an absolute sweetheart and any guy would be lucky to date her. She rarely, if ever, even gets spoken to by the guys at the bars.

As for me, I have giant boobs and I'm 6 tall, so nobody is looking at my face OR body...except for my chest.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,032,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a friend who...well...she doesn't exactly have a pretty face, but she has a BANGIN body and big fake boobs and she gets by and far the most male attention when we go out. Even though she's kind of mean, is a single mom and isn't all that attractive.

I have another friend I regularly go out with who has a really pretty face, but she's about 30 lbs overweight (and at 5'10, it's pretty noticeable) and hardly ever gets hit on... she's an absolute sweetheart and any guy would be lucky to date her. She rarely, if ever, even gets spoken to by the guys at the bars.

As for me, I have giant boobs and I'm 6 tall, so nobody is looking at my face OR body...except for my chest.

At 6' tall, aren't you right at eye-level for most men? I should think they'd be checking out your face as well. Sorry for that.

As a large-chested male I recall well the days when I worked out and women really WOULD talk to my chest, and even just reach out and grope me "because women can". More than once I've said "Hey, I'm up here." The price of being a male DD-cup at the gym, I guess!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,067,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Exactly.....besides life is much more fun in a number of ways when you are in decent shape.
Its funny, the way I look at it your body and mind is the most important thing you own, forget anything material. Yet why so many people don't look after it, makes no sense to me.
Exactly. Sex with women who are fit has ALWAYS been better than sex with women who are not as fit.

A woman's body is always important. Just like ChessieMom said earlier, its about lifestyle. If a woman has a good body and is in decent shape, odds are that we'd get along quite well because she'll probably have similar interests and lifestyle that I do. If she's fat, sloppy, slow, poor shape, non-athletic, etc. there is no way we can be in a relationship.

Besides, I like sex a lot. Strike that, I LOVE SEX, and a woman with a hot body is just flat out a million times sexier than a woman with a bad body. When I think of bad bodies I think fat and/or unhealthy. Someone mentioned Jessica Alba and I think her body is just average/normal - nothing special. Its not good and its not bad, its just okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships