Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:51 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,345,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
To me boring is a person lacking quick wit and sense of humor. It has absolutely nothing to do with hobbies.
In that case I'd be boring to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
To me a person is boring if they don't like WWE.
And I'd be boring to you as well.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
JJ......I agree, me either. I have, however, met several people with an unlimited "thirst" for knowledge.
I think you understood what I meant. I am just bored/aggravated by people who reach a point when they stop being curious and think they have all the answers.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM

2 people so far would find me boring. I'm sure there are a lot more but I haven't read the whole thread yet.

To the OP, some will find you boring, some won't. It all depends on the person. What may be a boring job or hobby to one may not be boring to another.

I can quickly go outside and find 50 women in 20 minutes and have all 50 of them tell me that I'm boring. Why? Because the area I am in is a place where a lot of people do things they consider not boring. I, myself, don't like doing those things and find them boring.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,638,212 times
What does it mean to be boring?

Boring is the process of making or enlarging a hole. That can be boring to, say, a gay person.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,862,628 times
Boring= lack of qualities that attract or hold someone's interest or attention

Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Today must be your lucky day, Julia! Let me introduce you tooooo... drumroll please... GeorgeLucasLongLostChin!
Very funny. I never claimed to be a freaking genius. I'm more a listener than a talker because we're all somebody's idiot. I have some friends who I feel like an intectual midget when I'm comparing myself to them.

I was referring to people with zero curiosity. And because they think they have it all figured out, these people engage in neverending awkward monologues that bore everyone at the dinner table. And more often than not, they're not open about any other activity that isn't in their small field of interests.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
What does it mean to be boring?

Everybody's different, and I'm sure everyone has their own story to tell. But, it seems that girls perceive outgoing people with flasy hobbies to be more "interesting". For example, the person who plays the piano is invariably more interesting than the person who plays boardgames. But, I don't get why girls are more interested in the pianist. If they like music then they can just buy a CD or attend free concerts. Personally, I find it odd that what I do during my free time is important to girls when whatever it is, I'll probably not do it with them. I've never seen a girl paint a picture with an artist, but girls are attracted to that kind of careers.

Also, it seems that outgoing people are considered not "boring". But, that's kind of weird because there's already a word to described people who are not outgoing and that's "shy", so why do we have to say that they're boring? Basically, the type of people who girls deem interesting are just merely outgoing and have exotic hobbies. If you disagree with this, then please give an example of a "boring" person.

EDIT: So it seems that "boring" is different from traits like "outgoing" because the former is subjective and varies among different people while everyone agrees what it means to be "outgoing".
Hi Malkiel,

How entertaining do you suppose board games are to the observer? Chess perhaps to a niche audience, and maybe a little Trivial Pursuit to show how brainy we are. That is why a pianist is more interesting. Its nice to listen to them.

It is a big help to have your hobby have positive 3rd party side effects throughout your life. If your hobby is hand made furniture, then how likely is your spouse going to get on your case verse a round of golf? May I add that I hate golf, and I support every woman who wants her husband dead because of it.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
There is no doubt the ladies like quick wit especially aimed at the social zombie flesh. Save the French existentialism for a slow night in your anti-social friend's basement. His mama will make snacks not matter what. The cruel Darwinian assaults, I think, helps their purging reflex. They are then able to sort out who will sire janitorial staff and fodder. Very often, when I nipple twisted a man breasted fool, female attention ensued. It is cruel but true. Note that when targeting women, it must be the inverse. You are not to target waddling frump, but rather the hotties for female response.

However interesting to me? Yeah, I have to say it was very rare to have a woman hold my interest...just my experience. Its probably why I like the foreign chicks. It takes a long time to exhaust an entire culture.

Oh, I should mention that daring physical activities are a plus when dating like rock climbing and bungee jumping etc. Its mixed after commitment.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,410,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
There is no doubt the ladies like quick wit especially aimed at the social zombie flesh. .

Yes!! I totally agree!! Ladies love good zombie jokes.
What did the zombie's friend say when he introduced him to his girlfriend?
Good grief! Where di
d you dig her up from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships