Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times

Advertisements

Hahaha.... Embedding disabled!

YouTube - Gran Torino - Beating _HD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
WWE ... is that still going? I thought it was all about UFC now...
Sizzle is from the "intellectual" side. Since nobody wins, its all about finding the best way to entertain the audience.

I had a friend who could have made millions in this but instead used his silver tongue in the legal profession.

It was very disappointing since I already had a "role" for him - The World's Largest Ukrainian Leprechaun.

Every now and then, we meet downtown. He must have made his tailors - NW Tent and Awning very happy.

With my cut as his manager, I'd be retired now!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
I've been told that I keep people entertain but I think I'm actually boring.. Sometimes I feel like people are making fun of me by saying that. Boring is subjective because you can be boring to one girl but you may not be boring to the other girl. Repetitive behaviors? I can't even explain myself what a boring person is...That's just sad.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Not all senior citizens are easy victims gang bangers! Click the bottom link to find out!LOL........

Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Sizzle is from the "intellectual" side. Since nobody wins, its all about finding the best way to entertain the audience.

I had a friend who could have made millions in this but instead used his silver tongue in the legal profession.

It was very disappointing since I already had a "role" for him - The World's Largest Ukrainian Leprechaun.

Every now and then, we meet downtown. He must have made his tailors - NW Tent and Awning very happy.

With my cut as his manager, I'd be retired now!
ha ha ha
now that would be entertaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Not all senior citizens are easy victims gang bangers! Click the bottom link to find out!LOL........
that movie made me scared of old people for a while ...

Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
What does it mean to be boring?

Everybody's different, and I'm sure everyone has their own story to tell. But, it seems that girls perceive outgoing people with flasy hobbies to be more "interesting". For example, the person who plays the piano is invariably more interesting than the person who plays boardgames. But, I don't get why girls are more interested in the pianist. If they like music then they can just buy a CD or attend free concerts. Personally, I find it odd that what I do during my free time is important to girls when whatever it is, I'll probably not do it with them. I've never seen a girl paint a picture with an artist, but girls are attracted to that kind of careers.

Also, it seems that outgoing people are considered not "boring". But, that's kind of weird because there's already a word to described people who are not outgoing and that's "shy", so why do we have to say that they're boring? Basically, the type of people who girls deem interesting are just merely outgoing and have exotic hobbies. If you disagree with this, then please give an example of a "boring" person.

EDIT: So it seems that "boring" is different from traits like "outgoing" because the former is subjective and varies among different people while everyone agrees what it means to be "outgoing".
A person who plays piano has learned a new skill. Has spent countless hours practicing, usually has a great deal of persistence and can read musical notes.

A person who plays board games can read directions. See the difference?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 AM

354 posts, read 712,244 times
Well, 'boring' is VERY subjective. My idea of boring is someone who never wants to go out, prefers to stay in, hit the sack by 9:00pm, perhaps after a rousing night of 'Meet The Press' or a recitation of 'Of Mice and Men'. Ugh.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Boring is something different for everyone. Most people would probably agree that a discussion regarding quantum physics and mathematical equations would be considered boring. Even then, when you think back to you days in school, a good teacher could make an otherwise dull topic somewhat interesting by their delivery and personality, so it's not always the topic or subject that's boring, but the individual.

Me personally, I find doing any one thing on a routine basis can lead to boredom. I love a good steak, but I don't want to eat it every day, I just wouldn't enjoy it as much. Same goes for any other activity. A workout can be boring if you don't change it up from time to time, sex can be boring if you go through the same motions all the time. Certain activities or subjects are boring to me such as; golf, video games, religion, business news, celebrity gossip, math, and most jobs.

Someone once said, "If you are bored, then you are boring". There is a certain degree of truth to that. We all get bored from time to time, but if you find that you are constantly bored, then you probably have very few interests and you probably aren't all that fun to be around.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
A person who plays piano has learned a new skill. Has spent countless hours practicing, usually has a great deal of persistence and can read musical notes.

A person who plays board games can read directions. See the difference?
Many board games involve more than just following directions.

I like to see you tell a master Chess player that they're just "following directions".

Old 07-19-2010, 09:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I generally find people dull when they cannot carry a conversation. Hobbies are gravy, and I happen to like board games. (I can hold my own in cribbage and card games but fail at backgammon.) I can make small talk and pass the time if I'm sitting next to you on a bus, but to be friends or more? I don't want to be the one to coax you out of your shell. Hanging out with a person should not make me anxious as I try to think of another question to ask, only to get another short answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships