Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,257,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
lol. i just edit my post. yes. too much isn't always good.
OTOH, IT MAY BE??? Get a second opinion and make it look like an accident!LMAO.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,388,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drose1 View Post
Thanks for reading. I am going into a new situation for my education and i was wondering how i could be good at attracting women and flirting? I am a younger male and I have been pretty poor at this in the past. I am really just listening to suggestions. Thanks for the help.
Be confident and be yourself.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM

190 posts, read 493,522 times
Quote:
Thanks for reading. I am going into a new situation for my education and i was wondering how i could be good at attracting women and flirting? I am a younger male and I have been pretty poor at this in the past. I am really just listening to suggestions. Thanks for the help.
Learn to spot interest (e.g., women getting near you and flicking the hair). They usually show interest subconsciously. They will get near you if they think you are not on the prowl. You achieve this by making it seem as if they came upon you. Then, you catch them looking at you. Then you reward her with a look that says you are desirable. It only takes 1/2 second to tell if its on. If she doesn't reciprocate instantly--move on. She probably is getting hers elsewhere. Don't think that giving more interest will some how open the door. Time is your enemy. Don't wait for her to change her mind--it may never happen. If she's shy, she may have a low sex drive. Don't try to meet women in locations where they are standing up--unless its a long line. You need 10-15 minutes of time to flirt in a sit-down environment. Cold approaching is too hard on the male ego over time and most women don't respond to a man on the prowl. Try this and you can put a check in the mail after my strategies bring you success.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 PM

944 posts, read 2,042,396 times
If you're not comfortable talking with people, start working on it. Put the flirting/attracting women issue aside for the moment. First just work on striking up casual conversations with random people, guys or women you're not attracted to start out with if that makes you less nervous.

Don't be disappointed if these conversations are a little awkward or don't last long at first. You're just practicing starting/carrying a conversation and developing rapport. At worst they will forget about it in a day or two. At best you might make a new friend or a "class buddy".

Once you feel alright about the prospect of striking up a conversation with whomever, start focusing on women. Practice talking to women about whatever you or they want to talk about. When you're good on this count, move on to women you find attractive. I want to stress that this should be done naturally when the opportunity arises. Before class starts when one sits next to you, amongst a group of common friends hanging out, something like that. If you just walk up to an attractive woman, she's going to know exactly why you did it right off the bat and you're going to have more of an uphill battle than if it's a situation where you'd almost expect someone to start talking to you.

When you reach the point where you can strike up a decent conversation with a woman you find attractive without being too nervous or imposing yourself on her, you're 90% done. Not saying every conversation has to go amazingly well, just decently most of the time.

At this point you should be good enough at talking to people/women to be able to tell after a few conversations whether flirting is on the menu, though honestly the best flirting comes naturally. If you're both attracted to each other, you won't have to force it at all, it'll just start happening. When you have to force it, it tends to make things awkward.

That's all I've got, I hope it helps a bit. Don't worry about it too much, just have fun and be yourself, learn to talk to people, build confidence and have good experiences, and everything will work out.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:30 AM

404 posts, read 702,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
If you are going to college or a technical school you should increase your chances considerably for the amount of women that are there and available!
I don't think this is correct. It is actually not a numbers game: many guys don't attract women even when surrounded by them, as well as some men will continue to pick up women even if they are scarce. Happens all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
Well.. I hate pick up lines (some girls like it though) and I hate when men try too hard. Just relax and be yourself. It's more attractive that way. If you're too nervous... I guess that's something you may want to work on. Some girls find that rather cute and some...just annoyed.
The problem I see with this is: what is trying too hard? It depends largely on how each woman interprets that. It doesn't matter what a guy behaves, there will always be someone interpreting he's trying too hard.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 PM

164 posts, read 366,229 times
thanks, does anyone else have suggestions?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:13 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,388,253 times
it's cliche, but don't actively seek out.

Also, clandestinely seek out. By that I mean go to places where the woman of your type is most likely to hang out. But don't go there with a view to dating. Just go there and have a good time and hang out, and make friends.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times
Quote:
Confidence in yourself! Smile alot, and be proud of who you are!!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,813,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't even do it on purpose. I guess most of my TShirts qualify as interesting. I wore a T Shirt to a movie Saturday...and most the women working there asked me what it meant. It was just some Latin written on a gray shirt, with some dog skulls on it. LOL
See, it works. Tips on t-shirts though--unless you're trying to pick up a redneck woman, don't wear one that has a saying that looks like it could be on a pick-up truck bumper sticker. The one like the Sizz wears is the best--you don't know what it means so someone has to ask and he can tell her whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
If she's shy, she may have a low sex drive.
Your strategies should work, but don't bet on this one. Maybe doesn't mean is. I don't think shyness has anything to do with sex drive.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:20 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times
Attracting girls is a art. You have to see how others perceive you. Do they see you as the party-er, social butterfly, the cool swuave guy, easy-going guy, science guy, political guy, smart guy, dorky, stick his foot in his mouth guy, or funny guy? Many more too.

My friends see me as the never know what she is going to say gal. Plus they tell me I make them all at ease part of the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships