Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:26 AM

3 posts, read 6,368 times

Advertisements

We listed our house 3.5 weeks. ago. We've had about 10 people come see the house, no offers, good feedback from the people who've seen it.
However, our agent has received 4 or 5 emails from people looking at the listing on realtor.com, in which all of the people have stated that the house is overpriced and that they would come look at it if we lowered our price. my question is, do you think this feedback, these emails, is legitimate feedback? what IS legitimate feedback????? i guess i am asking agents and sellers/past sellers.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,624,810 times
Legitimate feedback is an offer in writing. Anything else is suspect based on the provider's motives. Of course, as a buyer I would tell you that your home is overpriced if I had any intention of making an offer.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:47 AM

15,619 posts, read 40,631,686 times
Why in the world would you consider listening to people that have never stepped foot in your home?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM

because i am not getting any other feedback. because the people who have come to see it say it's nice but are not making offers. because my agent think it's overpriced.

so basically i should ignore emails to me or my agent regarding the price?

i will admit that based on the sold comps, my home is priced higher

Old 02-11-2010, 11:06 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,624,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partnercorp5 View Post
...because my agent think it's overpriced.

The comps are legitimate feedback, and why your agent thinks it's overpriced. Price is the key factor in selling.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,685,912 times
Quote:
because i am not getting any other feedback. because the people who have come to see it say it's nice but are not making offers. because my agent think it's overpriced.

In this market, people will tell you your home is overpriced even when they don't believe it is. They want you think it is so you'll come down in price. That's the problem with these feedback forms. And it isn't just price. They may say the house needs work when it doesn't. Again, the idea is to pressure you into lowering the price. And the agents are just as bad. They just want to get your house sold so they'll also tell you it's overpriced. I'm not saying your home isn't overpriced. You're obviously in a better position to know that then we are. The way I look at it, if you're getting showings, then the home is probably NOT overpriced. Otherwise, why would people bother to come see it? Try not to dwell too much on the feedback forms or you'll drive yourself insane. At the same time, don't dismiss them just because you don't like what you're hearing.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM

I really wish my agent had not told me about those emails. From what you guys are saying, it's just BS.

Maybe my house is slightly overpriced, but my neighbors' was too and she sold hers in 2 months. Why can't the same happen to me? I am just going to ignore feedback unless it comes DIRECTLY from a potential buyer.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 6,737 times
Against my better judgment I will finally post something to this forum to once and for all dispel this notion that buyers don't go see houses they think are overpriced. I am a buyer and I go see houses that I think are overpriced ALL THE TIME. I go see them because I need to kill a few hours. I go see them because I want to see what people have done in terms of remodeling. I go see them to see what people have in their houses because I am nosy. I go see them because I want to see my competition in case I buy the house next door and need to sell in 5 years. I go see them because they may reduce the price to the point where I can actually afford it. I can only afford 400k but I go see 700k houses ALL THE TIME. I am sure there's lots of people just like me out there, seeing houses that they think are overpriced or are out of their range.

Last edited by 17thingsihate; 02-11-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 01:10 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,303,569 times
Quote:
I am just going to ignore feedback unless it comes DIRECTLY from a potential buyer.
Potential buyers are giving feedback by not making offers...........

Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM

15,619 posts, read 40,631,686 times
Quote:

So who priced your home, you or the agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate