Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 AM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious how Realtors feel about this.

What would be some reasons why you wouldn't leave feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm just curious how Realtors feel about this.

What would be some reasons why you wouldn't leave feedback?
I know you asked Realtors ...

But as a seller, I didn't want feedback because it meant they were done with my house and moving on. Most sellers know what's up with their house anyway.

What I wanted was a phone call with an offer.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 AM

I have a different take when no feedback is left. In my mind I'm thinking the house made no impression and they moved onto the next. To them my house wasn't even worth their time to leave feedback.

The only reason I can of why Realtors don't leave feedback is either they had so many showings on the same day and they can't remember one house from the next and they didn't take notes or they walked into the house or drove by and knew they wouldn't be interested and just left.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:

The only reason I can of why Realtors don't leave feedback is either they had so many showings on the same day and they can't remember one house from the next or they walked into house or drove by and knew they wouldn't be interested and just left.

That's true in my case.

I try to always give feedback - and our Showing Request system makes it quite easy via email.

But sometimes, especially when I've showed a ton of houses in one day, no matter how good my notes are, I just can't give feedback because I don't remember that particular house and what my buyers said. I'm human. (At the bare bones minimum my feedback will read "thanks for allowing me to show - but no interest.")

When I'm on the flip side as the listing agent, it can definitely be frustrating for my sellers because they live their lives on pins and needles waiting for an offer it seems. I always prepare my sellers though - they know that sometimes (and it's typically with older, less tech savy agents) we just won't get ANY feedback. But that the BEST feedback is always an offer.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 AM

Thanks Chuckity. Good point about older less tech savy agents. I didn't even consider that.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
I have a different take when no feedback is left. In my mind I'm thinking the house made no impression and they moved onto the next. To them my house wasn't even worth their time to leave feedback.
Sounds like we're making the same point.

So many different agents, so many ways to leave feedback.

After a few showings with 0 feedback, our agent would just call the showing agents and ask.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

After a few showings with 0 feedback, our agent would just call the showing agents and ask.
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant feedback meant they were done with your home and I was saying 'no feedback' meant they were done with your home.

I've had a couple of great feedback saying my home was in their top 3 or top of their list and that type thing so it felt promising.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,743,809 times
As a seller, I like feedback.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

My agent ALWAYS calls the other agent for feedback, and emails them as well and lets me know quickly what she's found out - if anything. But of course, she returns the courtesy of giving feedback on their listings as well. I really appreciate working with an agent that operates that way.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:50 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
Most of my work is done in areas where accompanied showings are the norm. So, I rarely have to give feedback or ask for it. The listing agent whether that's me or someone else is there to see the reaction on the buyer's face and hear all the comments they make about the house.

From time-to-time, I do venture into areas where lock box use is common and more often than not I get a feedback request form from the scheduling service. I fill them out but they're mostly multiple choice forms so I'm not sure how much value they add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate