Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 12:59 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

Really blows my mind a realtor cannot take 1 minute from their "busy" schedule to call or email the other realtor regarding a showing. I understand if it didn't appeal to their client BUT at least have the courtesy to call or follow-up with the other realtor would be NICE!(Coldwell Banker rep.)
We recently had a showing and my realtor said the other one wouldn't return her call or emails. SO unprofessional, in my opinion. Any constructive criticism would be helpful!

Has this happened to anyone else?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
It happens often. I figure if the buyer is interested, I'll know about it.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Really blows my mind a realtor cannot take 1 minute from their "busy" schedule to call or email the other realtor regarding a showing. I understand if it didn't appeal to their client BUT at least have the courtesy to call or follow-up with the other realtor would be NICE!(Coldwell Banker rep.)
We recently had a showing and my realtor said the other one wouldn't return her call or emails. SO unprofessional, in my opinion. Any constructive criticism would be helpful!

This is not unusual. As a seller you really want the info / feedback ASAP.

However, as a buyer, my realtor was always very busy showing me homes - as many homes as possible, usually on a Saturday & Sunday. Quite frankly, we always kept our agent very busy. Those weekend showings probably did not get a call back till Monday or Tuesday!

I've been on both sides of the fence enough times to know it takes patience AND persistence. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:04 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
It's not unprofessional. Other agents have no agreement or obligation to provide feedback. That's the bottom line.

That said, I provide feedback when I can, but not always. Often, I have nothing valuable to share because I don't remember the house and my buyers didn't have it on their shortlist. Also, many agents call or email days or even a week or more after I showed the home. Sorry, but I can't help in that instance. I don't remember.

I generally don't respond to those auto-email showing followup robots. When I do, I simply go to the bottom comment field and type "it's not on their short list" or "they purchased another home" or "sorry, I don't remember this one well enough to be helpful".

I do always try to return personal calls and direct emails. If I do remember the home, I will provide feedback.

I personally seek feedback on every showing and are happy to receive a 50% response rate. It's unreasonable to think every agent will respond or have something useful to share. I don't pester or bother showing agents more than once.

Finally, focusing on one agent who won't respond to feedback is a waste of your time and causes unnecessary distress. If they had feedback and were willing to share, you would have heard from them. If not, don't sweat it. It tells me absolutely nothing about the Realtor or his professionalism that your agent can't get a feedback response. Some agents simply don't respond, ever, and they have reasons for that. I don't fault them, it's their choice.

Finally, the best feedback is an offer. If you are not receiving enough showings or any offers, you don't need a bunch of other agents to tell you that you have a pricing and/or condition issue.

Good luck,

Steve

Old 09-06-2008, 03:14 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Depends on the house. If I'm the listing agent I feedback, and pretty much think it's a common courtesy to reach out to the other agent just to say Hi and thanks for showing the house.
But I've also received follow up calls from the listing agent asking for feedback on homes that were ugly fixer eyesores with major problems, and I just didn't feel it was my place to say " This house should be bulldozed."

Old 09-06-2008, 03:18 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Imagine that you've showed 37 homes in 5 counties in 3 days. For one client. Then imagine that someone calls you on one of those homes 3 or 4 days later, after you've shown another couple of clients a bunch of homes.

How much would you remember about an individual home that didn't make the short list?

Also, if they love the home and may be making an offer, feedback will be short, as well, for negotiating reasons.

I try to give worthwhile feedback if I can, but so often, by the time I've got time to do it, the house (and, more importantly, my clients' reactions to it) is lost in the mists of time.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:53 PM

8 posts, read 34,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Actually it happens ALL the time...Being a realtor myself I find that we are all out to get the same results, selling homes for our clients in a fast, efficient and most profitable way! Why wouldnt we all want to help each other out? Like you said even if you dont like the property they can at least let you know why..It could be that the home just didnt suit their needs, size, location etc.. OR it could be something that IS fixable and if you hear from the past 3 showings that the paint colors or carpets had issues that is FIXABLE!! Its not if you cant get the feed back from the showing agent!! I use a company, showing solutions that emails a feedback form with just 4 questions for example...What extent it met the buyers needs and all they have to do is check a box that has 3 options, completely..somewhat...not at all...There is also a little area they can type out specifics like the home was to small or the layout wont work for the buyers...It takes just a minute and all you have to do is reply so please forgive me when I say that I dont think any of us are that busy we cant answer 4 questions with a check mark and hit send....If we are all out for the same result you'd think we'd make it easier for eachother....But thats just my opinion...

Vickie...

Old 09-06-2008, 04:03 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
Quote:
It's not unprofessional. Other agents have no agreement or obligation to provide feedback. That's the bottom line.
Oh thank god someone finally just said it out right. It's a 'courtesy' and says nothing about the showing agent if they do or don't give feedback. I don't understand why everyone wants it to begin with.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:41 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerWilliamsFishers View Post
Why wouldnt we all want to help each other out?
Because you are my competition. If you don't know how to tell a seller that the green carpet has to go, or that the home reeks of cat pee and they should do something about it, that is the problem of the listing agent. It's not my job to educate other broker's agents about how to do their job...

I do provide feedback when I can but honestly it is pretty minimal.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:05 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
My agent made notes on the listing sheets as we saw the homes so she could give feedback. I thought that was considerate; didn't take much effort. Of course no one expects agents to remember every house they show. I can't even remember what I saw, and I only looked at 12 houses before making an offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate