Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM

2,644 posts, read 7,450,874 times

Advertisements

The net offer price seems very good, assuming the home is priced fairly for the market. Do you have a typical closing date or any other contingencies that could worry the seller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM

32 posts, read 68,315 times
Just submit another offer, refusal to negotiate means that particular offer is rejected, take 15 mins and submit another offer.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM

27 posts, read 115,025 times
It didn't sound like a full offer when you asked for closing costs.

I am about to purchase a new home in the Dallas area and there was a house we liked that we put an offer in at 96% and did not ask for any discounts. The sellers agent said they thought it was too low and expected to get full price on the offer. We walked away from that house because there were other homes we were more interested in. That house ended up staying listed for 1 1/2 more weeks before it showed it was under contract so I assume they eventually got their full offer.

Some oweners think that can get full price and they can. It really depends on how desireable the house is given it is listed right and everything. So the person selling that home may feel that they should get 100%.

Also, yes there are some people with unreasonable price points too.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,740,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
The trend is not in your favor vis à vis Long Island inventory.
Well, you're counting some pretty bad years there when the inventory was higher and the open houses were deserted. And, as agents like to point out, past experience is no guarantee of future results. Plus, Hurricane Sandy took out a lot of homes and there are people here who still haven't gotten all their insurance payments. Many of those folks are still renting, driving that inventory down. Finally, I'm looking in a narrower part of the Island. I'd rather wait and see what happens locally in the next few years and not rely on a graph from who knows where.

No offense, but I think it's kind of hard to judge our market from Denver . . . especially my small slice. But thanks for trying.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 PM

640 posts, read 1,298,307 times
I'm willing to forgot about the seller assist just never really got the chance to offer something else, that is what strange to me.

To just shut down negotiating before it even starts

Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM

43,413 posts, read 77,348,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
I'm willing to forgot about the seller assist just never really got the chance to offer something else, that is what strange to me.

To just shut down negotiating before it even starts
Write and submit a new offer with your new terms.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,824,211 times
Where in the contract do I need to ask for seller's closing help if I choose to?

Old 03-21-2013, 02:06 PM

106 posts, read 450,532 times
In the "Additional terms" section at the end of the contract (in FL at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Where in the contract do I need to ask for seller's closing help if I choose to?

Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,824,211 times
Oh, OK. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,690,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Im looking for opinions on this

I offer full price for a house in PA with 4 percent seller assist. The seller rejected the offer and said the assist was too much. I was willing to negotiate the seller assist. However the the seller decided they didnt even want to negotiate.

Does anyone else besides me find this odd. Why would you not negotiate the seller assist??? Seems like such a small part for a major deal.
Bottom line is you offered 96% of list and maybe even needing some assist, showed you are a financially weak buyer.

The market it is a changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate