Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 AM

48 posts, read 163,655 times

Advertisements

Is there a counter on the MLS that says how many times that property has been viewed? Is there any way to tell how many people are in the area shopping in our price range????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:45 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,465 times
If you are listed with an agent and they have you on realtor.com they should be able to get a listing report for you. We were sent one once a week to show how many times our listing was viewed. Our agent also did a reverse search and found the agents in the area that were looking for a house like ours.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Every MLS, and the kinds of reports agents can produce, are different. In my MLS I cannot view how many hits a particular listing receives. If my listing has a visual tour, I can see how many hits the tour receives through the tour company, not the MLS. In my opinion though, the value of the number of hits, while important, have to be taken lightly. For example, lots of people just look at listings that are a "dream home" or under what they might consider spending out of curiousity. If the counter is not set to recognize IP's, the same person can be looking multiple times. Also as an agent I review new listings all the time. Just because I look at it, means nothing.

As far as I know, there is no clear cut way to determine how many people in a given area are looking for a particular price range. There are some tools that can indicate trends. The best tool is an agent that keeps up with the market. My office uses a showing service. I can produce a report indicating the number of showings in a price range, but cannot identify who showed the properties or even the specific properties. Since not all offices in my board use the service, it's not a true indication of showing numbers. It's value is for a limited segment of the market.

Sara--I'm quite surprised your agent can determine specific agents looking for a price range. I certainly would not want my competitors knowing which agents are showing my listings.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,041 times
As far as I know, our MLS does track the total number of views by listing. What it doesn't tell us is whether those were Agent hits or Client hits and where they came from. There is a prospecting tool but I find it to be too manual and don't use it. I use my own website to keep track of how many hits by listing, what registered buyers are looking at and where they come from.
rrah is correct in that the number of views is really irrelevant. Valid Offers on paper are what you're looking for!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:15 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Our agent's website has a sellers area we can log into to see how many people looked at our listing. However, I think it just pertains to their Keller-Williams website, not to the Realtor.com.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:24 AM

48 posts, read 163,655 times
I did ask my realtor and she said that they do not have any tracking devices for any kind of reports. In a way I guess that is better for me, I would drive myself crazy with the numbers. Having an accountant husband has definately had some impact on me!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,465 times
My agent can't see who was showing what property, she can just do a reverse search to see which agents are looking for a house with that general description. However, like gentlearts mentioned, I think this also is specific to Keller Williams. Or, there might be a network that they all belong to.

However, the realtor.com updates were nice to see. However, the week I posted the MLS number to get comments on my pictures the number spiked pretty high. My husband and I knew why but my agent didn't until she happened to comment on the spike and I mentioned the forum posting.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM

566 posts, read 2,985,227 times
I can't see it in our MLS, but I can see it on our corporate website. It also tells me how long they were there (and the trail that they followed once they got there), the city they were in when they were looking at my website and if they clicked on the link from another page.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 PM

26 posts, read 129,518 times
Default counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemaz12 View Post
Is there a counter on the MLS that says how many times that property has been viewed? Is there any way to tell how many people are in the area shopping in our price range????
I belong to 2 mls's 1 has a counter to see how many times agents have looked at the listing the other does not. neither has any information as to how many buyers are out there .
best of luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
I have two personal websites that track IP addresses so I know who's looking at what page and for how long (1st time visitors and also returning visitors). My reports cannot differentiate between buyers, sellers, realtors or any others just clicking through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate