Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 09:38 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,492,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
sorry I didn't see this a month ago, but since the topic has been revived...

Of course, I present every single written offer. And I've encouraged any Buyer's agent to provide an offer should their Buyer want to make one.

I'm talking about the $700K house list price/market value that hits the market and the Buyer's agent lets their client who can't pay more than $600K for a house fall in love and make a $600K offer.

It still gets presented, of course.
I did wonder why you had not responded, so thank you for your reply.

Perhaps you could also answer whether you ever had any sellers who said to you something along the lines of "Do not bring me any offers that are not at least $XXXXXXX" or with any other restrictions?

Are you required by your license or board or office practice or whatever to submit any and all written offers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 06:42 AM

22,031 posts, read 9,614,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I walked away from the overpriced home we looked at 3 times. The good news is that we have our closing scheduled for a different home next Friday (the 1st). They were also over priced, but not as grossly so as the first house we looked at and they met us at the halfway point between what they were asking and what we were wanting to pay. Inspection done, DD ends tomorrow at 5 PM and we are excited to move into this new home. It ticks all of our wants except the basement, and I'm not positive I really want another basement anyways.

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I did wonder why you had not responded, so thank you for your reply.

Perhaps you could also answer whether you ever had any sellers who said to you something along the lines of "Do not bring me any offers that are not at least $XXXXXXX" or with any other restrictions?

Are you required by your license or board or office practice or whatever to submit any and all written offers?
I was always told all offers had to be presented.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,276,946 times
I haven't run into that situation that I can recall. We've flat rejected offers many times, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm required to present all offers.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:28 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,130,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
My friend's house has been under contract and fallen out 5 times so far and they keep dropping the price.

Interesting situation, would love to hear the real estate professional's take on a house like that. Is this an unusual thing or is it more typical in very depressed areas? OP, can you share with us what part of the country this is in, and what the neighborhood is like?

I've never heard of a house being under contract and then falling out so many times. (But, what do I know? I've never tried buying a house in a severely depressed area, so maybe things are different where the OP wants to buy.) Five times seems like an awful lot of times to have that happen. Why would so many people go to the effort and expense of doing inspections, termite, radon testing, titles search, etc. knowing that it will likely fall through just like it did 5 times before? Or are these the sort of properties where inspections are waived? Why would anyone buy a house like that, since it's clear you'll then be stuck with a house you'll never be able to sell?

Old 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Interesting situation, would love to hear the real estate professional's take on a house like that. Is this an unusual thing or is it more typical in very depressed areas? OP, can you share with us what part of the country this is in, and what the neighborhood is like?

I've never heard of a house being under contract and then falling out so many times. (But, what do I know? I've never tried buying a house in a severely depressed area, so maybe things are different where the OP wants to buy.) Five times seems like an awful lot of times to have that happen. Why would so many people go to the effort and expense of doing inspections, termite, radon testing, titles search, etc. knowing that it will likely fall through just like it did 5 times before? Or are these the sort of properties where inspections are waived? Why would anyone buy a house like that, since it's clear you'll then be stuck with a house you'll never be able to sell?
I have spoken to the agent several times. She just says people don't like the backyard. It's on a corner and the backyard has zero privacy. I just can't figure out why an identical house on an identical lot sold for sooo much more just a few years ago. I know one lost the contract because they couldn't get financing. Other houses in my neighborhood closed in December but for really crappy prices.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,130,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I have spoken to the agent several times. She just says people don't like the backyard. It's on a corner and the backyard has zero privacy. I just can't figure out why an identical house on an identical lot sold for sooo much more just a few years ago. I know one lost the contract because they couldn't get financing. Other houses in my neighborhood closed in December but for really crappy prices.

That doesn't seem like a reason a house would be under contract 5 times and each time fall out of contract. If being on a corner lot is an issue they wouldn't make the offer in the first place.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
That doesn't seem like a reason a house would be under contract 5 times and each time fall out of contract. If being on a corner lot is an issue they wouldn't make the offer in the first place.
Yeah, I agree. Maybe she just doesn't want to share the reasons with me.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,492,045 times
It seems very unusual to me, too, to have a house fall out of contract five times. Was each contract a different buyer?

I'm with the people who don't want a corner house. I grew up living in a corner house and the only positive that I can think of is that we had a side-facing kitchen which got a lot of light and privacy as there was no house looking into ours. Other than that, there were no other positives.

A good-sized backyard is important to me, too.

I hope your friend's luck changes soon.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
It seems very unusual to me, too, to have a house fall out of contract five times. Was each contract a different buyer?

I'm with the people who don't want a corner house. I grew up living in a corner house and the only positive that I can think of is that we had a side-facing kitchen which got a lot of light and privacy as there was no house looking into ours. Other than that, there were no other positives.

A good-sized backyard is important to me, too.

I hope your friend's luck changes soon.
Yeah, another thing is her house has virtually no privacy. But it doesn't matter to her. She doesn't own the house anymore. The relo company owns it.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Wow, I am such a dope. I was rereading the agreement my husband signed with the agent and it says we could cancel it after 180 days. And then it further said that if we bought the house she showed me within 180 days after that, we owed her commission. So, I could have cancelled it 6 months ago and the 6 months would have expired by now. Ugh. Cancelling now to start the 6 month clock. I have doubts she can get this deal done. The other agent seems to think she can. I am not so sure. She called me and told me that we should have countered their high counter back in November even though it was so close to list. I was not so sure. I have a feeling she would have tried to push me higher than what I wanted to pay. It's like my financial advisor assuring me he could get me some great mortgage rate and when I called him to talk about it, he was giving me a worse rate than I could get on my own. Some salespeople promise the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals