Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 10:48 AM

22,031 posts, read 9,614,490 times

Advertisements

Offer being submitted at 12:30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I keep clicking this ONLY to see you say "I submitted the offer today!"
Does it count if we signed everything?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:27 AM

3,447 posts, read 2,837,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Offer being submitted at 12:30.

Woo hoo! Fingers crossed!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Woo hoo! Fingers crossed!
Thank you!! We'll see. My agent tried to get a meeting with the seller's agent a a neutral place and the agent said she was getting ready for TG and to come to her house. Ugh. Hardly neutral ground. But whatever. I really don't think they will even counter us.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:15 PM

Just spoke to my agent. She said the seller's agent continues to insist that the sf is 25% bigger than it really is. I used to measure houses all day for a living. I KNOW how to calculate this. I used HER dimensions in her listing. She left out the sf in the listing because she knows we are right. AND, I am 100% certain, SINCE THIS HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 2005, they have the blueprints. So I am not optimistic as she is still in denial about even what she has for sale.

AND the assessor has my number, too.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:22 PM

14,588 posts, read 12,269,648 times
Quote:
Does it count if we signed everything?

Good luck Grlzrl, - at least it starts the process

Old 11-21-2018, 02:11 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Quote:

Just spoke to my agent. She said the seller's agent continues to insist that the sf is 25% bigger than it really is.
I don't understand how this is even disputed.

The county keeps track of square footage for tax purposes, and real estate boards usually define it a certain way. I thought it was typically heated/cooled space. So what is her contention about the square footage???

Old 11-21-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I don't understand how this is even disputed.

The county keeps track of square footage for tax purposes, and real estate boards usually define it a certain way. I thought it was typically heated/cooled space. So what is her contention about the square footage???
She said 'county is often wrong' which CAN be true if it's either A) really old home that has an undocumented addition or B) they have a lot of areas with two story high ceilings. But neither of these is the case here.

She knows she is lying because why would she leave it out of the listing? She is counting on uniformed buyers.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:57 PM

Oh, and my personal favorite was 'People lie to the country to get lower taxes'. If only that worked.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:13 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,276,946 times
Quote:
Just spoke to my agent. She said the seller's agent continues to insist that the sf is 25% bigger than it really is. I used to measure houses all day for a living. I KNOW how to calculate this. I used HER dimensions in her listing. She left out the sf in the listing because she knows we are right. AND, I am 100% certain, SINCE THIS HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 2005, they have the blueprints. So I am not optimistic as she is still in denial about even what she has for sale.

AND the assessor has my number, too.
this one post introduces so much new stuff to the equation...

Does IL not require an accurate measure by the listing agent?
Does IL measure a square footage by adding together rooms?
Does IL not recognize "the square footage is ________" as a material fact, or at least the same "accuracy in advertising" that NAR would?

nevermind the other part of any agent asking the listing agent to "meet to discuss the comps at a neutral place". You're submitting an offer? Great, send it to me, and I will submit it to the Seller quickly. But making time to sit down so you can give me comps and THEN submit an offer? I'm available after the holiday weekend (ie, next Monday/Tuesday) at my office.

Because any agent that has interest or a showing I can tell them we have someone that's probably going to submit an offer next week if they want to act first.

Well, I should probably have a chat with my Seller first, and follow their lawful instruction. If they want me to have the meeting then I'll make time on my terms during this holiday weekend, since I'm in town. The house has been on the market 4 months and someone decides to try and press the issue over a holiday? Erk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals