Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 04:13 PM

898 posts, read 598,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Facetime the upstairs. or go live in a condo.

You can always have a party and have your strong friends lift her upstairs to look around and then bring her down later.

You sound angry and upset which is understandable. I'm thinking you guys are 80 and you said you were only 55. You have to think outside the box if the box you want to live in doesn't exist.

I think that when the time comes, we look hard for that 1 level ranch, but know what we need to do to put an elevator into a raised ranch. What else do you do? The stair lift is a flat out no....if you met Stacey... Elevator that looks like a Star Trek transporter...... I think if it cost $20 grand it's a win for her.... I wouldn't even bat an eye.....I'll just go get another rusty old truck. I'm 55, hope I make 85. but she's 50 and just had a triple bypass surgery.... I'm making her happy for every moment I get and damn. now I'm crying...later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
She is only 50, and I'm 55..... I just know, that we have to go with a ranch..... after a triple heart bypass in November, and a lower back "disceptomy" in December, She is done with stairs. I think a Raised Ranch with a residential elevator might be a cost effective option if we can't find a flat out plain ranch....

Before she leaves for work, "where is my cane?"

I'm not angry at all..... I'm an engineer by trade and have no choice but to think things out.... So DH and BB think I'm a nutcase....I just have to punch numbers, analyze, look at all of the angles, before doing anything....I think I stated that my post today is barely "pre-looking" an idea search. I care for an 87yo guy who just had a hip replacement, emergency appendectomy last summer, 3 inch melanoma removal with a post surgery infection after that (fun watching the surgeon cut open and drain that) and a knee replacement the year before and a basal cell carcinoma removal?....guy is like the energizer bunny.....I go buy him his ice cream and his disgusting Backwoods Cigars, give him dinner and do his laundry... he's my dad and the only dad I've got, but he's outlived like 4 healthier brothers by at least 5 to 15 years. I dunno, I get his ice cream and his Backwoods and make him dinner. 7:30 am and I'm like Damn....not today, and his bedroom door opens. Oh, And I go to Costco and buy him huge friggin' muffins. I don't touch the darn things....My doctor yelled at me for eating a sweet potato....Pissed that I have tomato plants growing...But Dad has muffins, ice cream, cigars, breakfast for 2 every day, and I make a healthy meal and hear "no bread, no potatoes"......damn I hope I have his genes....
either you don't realize or care how you lay your personal problems out. Nothing you have posted in the last 60 days has to do with real estate. It has to do with your personal problems.

Me, I've had a bunch of bad personal **** happen in the last 90 days. I don't come pouring out all my thoughts on an internet forum. Nevermind expect comisseration.

I'm not a therapist either, but your issues are pretty clear. You are resentful of people around you that decide to do things NOT the way you would or think they should, but you feel like it's your responsibility to wallow in self-pity and criticize them while being a martyr to save them.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 AM

14,484 posts, read 12,114,400 times
It's like trying to follow everything that is going on in a 10-screen multi-theater.... all at the same time.

FWIW.... that happens to be a talent of mine.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 04-27-2018 at 09:43 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 09:31 AM

242 posts, read 351,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
find me ranches in Middlesex or Hartford counties that aren't in New Britain, West Hartford, Middletown, East Hartford, Hartford, Bloomfield, Newington, Rocky Hill that are WEST of the river, and 40 minutes from West Hartford Center.... I'm like Damn....300 houses and NO ranches.... In less than 10 minutes I can walk out my front door, and walk past probably 10 ranches for sale. They are all 800-950ft, and if you fart with the window open, the neighbor will hear you...I can spit out of my bedroom window and hit my neighbor's driveway... we want some elbow room....2am and listening to the neighbor's kids in the driveway smoking weed....smelling the damn weed. They don't do it in the back yard, or on the other side of the house, they do it 10ft from my open bedroom window..... I don't want a neighbor 10ft from my bedroom window.....

Taxes less than $1,200 per month...yeah and you get your snow plowed 6 times per year....For $1,200 per month....
South Windsor has a number of ranches in the Kelly Road area. They are mostly older homes, but some of them are actually very nice - you may want to check them out.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:51 AM

898 posts, read 598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
It's like trying to follow everything that is going on in a 10-screen multi-theater.... all at the same time.

FWIW.... that happens to be a talent of mine.
20 screen, in Imax....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals