Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,915,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
LOL and that's what keeps me from getting a good nights sleep.
And why I will never be a broker. I couldn't deal with some of the shinanigans and lack of knowlege I see in my co-sales associates, lol.

Quote:
The only regret is that, not once in our conversation with the BIC did he express an interest in our satisfaction as customers but rather why did it matter since we only had 3 weeks left on our contract.
And now you know why the sales person behaves the way they do. They have a broker who isn't setting a good example and expecting the best of the sales associates in the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 PM

11,020 posts, read 22,077,872 times
I'm always baffled that sellers and buyers aren't pickier about who they select to represent them in the sale/purchase in such an expensive transaction. People spend more time trying to decide which movie they want to see than they do selecting an agent. I understand buyers shop homes, not agents, but that is just as much a mistake.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM

373 posts, read 1,475,143 times
Things have gone from bad to worse. We contacted the BIC and it would seem that is primary concern is CYA for the agent and not the agencies fidicuary duty to the client. We were refused the option to switch agents or be released but the BIC said he would monitor (whatever that means) the listing. The agent continues to make mistakes and has even removed a featured listing which was commited to be up for a month (was removed in 2 days). Not to mention, the listing is still wrong and listed twice with a difference of $23000 between the two listings. When brought the BIC's attention he basic response was, oh well. The really sad thing is that through this forum a great agent from the same firm contacted me, did all the work that my agent should have done, and won't receive a dime if a contract comes in through my current agent. I would love to relist with this agent but the BIC will still be the same. Not a chance we can take.

I know you are all agents, and from the responses it seems as though each of you deeply care about your reputations and the reputation of the industry. So I hope you don't take anything I post personally.

Here is what I am thinking about doing. Since they won't let us go or let us change agents or correct the listings I would like to put an additional brochure box in the front yard saying something like this. "We are currently contracted through the ??? agency until November 10, 2007. If you are interested in listing this home when our current contract expires, please contact ???

I would contact the current agency first, as a courtesy. I would also like to contact all the agents that have left cards.

Any thoughts. And please be contructive. Our backs are against the wall and we have tried to work withing the system but these two agents are playing CYA instead of acting in a professional manner. We did inform the BIC that we will be filing a formal complaint, same 'ol repsonse. I have already filled out the paperwork, just need to get it notarized. I have filed it against the agent and the BIC, is that the right thing to do, since when the errors and problems were brought to his attention, he refused and corrective action?

Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,109,725 times
I would take it off the market until the listing expires since you only have a couple of weeks I really don't think it will matter. I would also get some window paint like the kids use for football games and such and would write on my car windows not to use that real estate company, that they're not fair.
I would then go park right in front of their office and have a cup of coffee and the stroll real slow into the office and chit chat. Be sure to do this at a busy time of day and also ask them to go outside and see if they like your car.... I did this with a car dealer and they got on the stick rather quickly after that. I would also go for a free consultation with a real estate lawyer and talk to him about all the mistakes and what you can do. Maybe a letter to the BIC from an attorney will get him to move.... Then there's always the picket sign in front of the place....
Good luck.....

Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 PM

I've thought about it but I don't know where the legal line is. It seems ridiculous that you start out trying to sell a home and end up headed to a RE attorney's office because two "professionals" can't even get a simple listing right. It is a week later and we still have 2 listings at 2 different prices - how crazy is that.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Out of curiosity, did you select a full service, full time agent or a "discounter" (I mean low service agent)? Hint: some low service companies bill themselves as "full service" but it's a loosely defined term in real estate. Either way it's inexcusable but you have nothing to gain by removing it from the market completely right now, your perfect buyer could come in tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 PM

It is a nationally known company. I don't really know what a discounter is. It is the agency that always advertising with the big red, white and blue hot air balloons. Are they considered a discounter and how do you tell the difference. I would like to know so when I hire the next agent I will have a better understanding.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:25 PM

The balloon usually normally allows a la carte service but they give their agents a lot of freedom in the business plan they choose to follow. The best indicator is did the agent reduce their commission for you?

But that isn't important, there are some good, quality agents I know with low service companies. The balloon is a nationally respected company and not what I'd call low service at all.

I'd suggest interviewing at least 3 Realtors. Call the companies with a strong market presence and ask the Broker in Charge to recommend an agent for you to interview. Tell them they will be competing for the listing and you want a strong internet presence. Interview all the agents and you'll recognize the difference in quality immediately.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,109,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
I've thought about it but I don't know where the legal line is. It seems ridiculous that you start out trying to sell a home and end up headed to a RE attorney's office because two "professionals" can't even get a simple listing right. It is a week later and we still have 2 listings at 2 different prices - how crazy is that.
Let me start out saying I'm not an attorney so any legal advice is just my opinon. That being said, you have as much leeway as they do and you do have the right to free speech and to protest as long as it isn't slanderous or defamitory. You can't say they're crooks but saying they're unfair or treating you badly shouldn't be an issue.

As for the attorney thing, if you played the same game with the commission don't you think they'd sick an attorney on you?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,640,139 times
Unhappy For all Consumers

~truly saddened~

Here ya go

I sincerely hope everything works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals