Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM

117 posts, read 526,527 times

Advertisements

Any updates to this project yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 PM

Well, here's what I've found:

http://corolada.com/Rushmore.gif (broken link)

Download Full Resolution PDF (http://corolada.com/Rushmore.pdf - broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 01:27 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Dillard’s
Super Target
Barnes and Noble
Scheels
Gordman’s
Staples
Old Navy
Coldwater Creek
Coldstone Creamery 2
Ann Taylor Loft
Children’s Place
Lane Bryant
Rue 21
David’s Bridal
Dress Barn
Justice
Christopher and Banks
CJ Banks
PacSun
Aeropostale
Wet Seal
American Eagle
Buckle
Zumiez
Express
Urban Outfitters

For those of you who cannot read it! A few of these stores are already in the Rushmore Mall but plan to move in Rushmore Crossing. Cabela's will also be across I-90. Another mall is proposed for the other side of I-90 as well. The Meadows at Northridge. An indoor mall.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Do you know who the developer is for the Meadows at Northridge? I can't find any info on this one. Maybe I'm blind. Thanks!

Last edited by a42887; 11-01-2007 at 09:33 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Not sure. There aren't even any signs or construction equipment at the site. I just read an article in the Rapid City Journal about a proposal last May.

The entire I-90 corridor from LaCrosse to Elk Vale (Catron Boulevard) is supposed to be teeming with shops and restaurants by 2010. I'm holding out for a MACARONI GRILL!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times
DannyBanany,

Have you tried the new Sonic in Rapid?

I like the one in Sioux Falls. I like their cherry and cranberry limeades. The chicken sandwiches and popcorn chicken are good along with the tater tots. Sioux Falls is supposed to get another one, which would be on the east side. The one by the mall is doing decent business. Sioux City has one that opened recently.

Before the one in Sioux Falls, the nearest Sonics were in Iowa and Nebraska. When going to Colorado or Kansas, I stopped at a Sonic in Nebraska to get my Sonic fix.

Culver's is another good restaurant. The one in Rapid was good. Sioux Falls has four of them and they all are decent.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
DannyBanany,

Have you tried the new Sonic in Rapid?

I like the one in Sioux Falls. I like their cherry and cranberry limeades. The chicken sandwiches and popcorn chicken are good along with the tater tots. Sioux Falls is supposed to get another one, which would be on the east side. The one by the mall is doing decent business. Sioux City has one that opened recently.

Before the one in Sioux Falls, the nearest Sonics were in Iowa and Nebraska. When going to Colorado or Kansas, I stopped at a Sonic in Nebraska to get my Sonic fix.

Culver's is another good restaurant. The one in Rapid was good. Sioux Falls has four of them and they all are decent.
I actually go to Sonic fairly often for Cherry Limeades! I always liked going to Sonic when my family would go to Nebraska on trips. I was really happy when Rapid City FINALLY got one. It is in a really good spot too. On Rushmore Road where "cruisers" tend to hang out instead of up by the Interstate. Ruby Tuesday is also nearby and popular too. I wish more businesses would focus on the southside of town instead of Interstate commerce!

Rapid City will also be getting a Buca di Beppo, Red Robin, Johnny Carino's, Ted's Montana Grill, Panera Bread, Nothing But Noodles, and an Atlanta Bread Company. You can read more on the "Rushmore Crossing" thread I started!

Once again, I'd KILL for a Macaroni Grill!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 AM

Full-Scale Photo (http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2007/08/13/news/top/doc46be3ca17f4fa446755206.img - broken link)

This is what the Rushmont Tower in downtown Rapid City will look like. It will be 17 stories high and include condominiums, shops, offices, and a 2-level parking garage.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Full-Scale Photo (http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2007/08/13/news/top/doc46be3ca17f4fa446755206.img - broken link)

This is what the Rushmont Tower in downtown Rapid City will look like. It will be 17 stories high and include condominiums, shops, offices, and a 2-level parking garage.
WOW!!!! Pretty fancy! So have there been any estimates yet as to how much the condos will be selling for?

I believe that Sx. Falls is also planning quite an expansion with new housing and condos in their Phillips to the Falls project. They had some sort of plans posted the last time we were over there. That looked quite elaborate, too.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
WOW!!!! Pretty fancy! So have there been any estimates yet as to how much the condos will be selling for?

I believe that Sx. Falls is also planning quite an expansion with new housing and condos in their Phillips to the Falls project. They had some sort of plans posted the last time we were over there. That looked quite elaborate, too.
I have not heard what condos will be selling for, but I know I'd sure love to have one overlooking the Black Hills! You probably have to pay quite a bit for that kind of a view from a downtown condo! There are a few other condos being built around downtown too. Executive Towers is being built on Executive Golf Course downtown, and there are some condos being built along the I-190 loop that spurs into Rapid City from I-90.

Homestead Gardens is also a nice complex that was just built in Rapid Valley. They have GREAT views of Harney Peak and Rapid City lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City