Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:10 PM

207 posts, read 1,090,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I found these district maps on-line but they are not numbered, they are named. If possible could you tell what number corrulates to what name? Thanks.

http://www.raleigh-nc.org/portal/ser...ict_Plans.html
Yeah, I saw those up there but those districts aren't the ones the police department uses. If you check this thread later (probably by tomorrow) I will scan one of my District maps and post it up here so you can see how we have divided the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 03:47 PM

217 posts, read 801,063 times
Thank you! And thank you for making this world a little safer. I heard about the tragedy in Charlotte and I just want to thank all law enforcement officers and send my condolences...I know when another officer is killed it effects all law enforcement even on the other side of the country. (I have family that are fellow officers.)

Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 PM

207 posts, read 1,090,694 times
Here is a map with the different Raleigh Police Department Districts/beats.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 36X36 MAP REPEATER LOCATIONS.pdf (231.4 KB, 463 views)

Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM

26 posts, read 53,842 times
Thanks for posting the map - Tryon Pines is in 26

Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 PM

633 posts, read 2,545,571 times
I'm confused regarding Garner Schools. According to greatschools.net, the East Garner Middle School and the Garnet High School are both IB schools and have excellent test scores.

I would assume good schools=good neighborhoods, yes? From what I've seen online, it all looks great. But apparently after reading these posts, I'm missing something.

Please advise if I'm looking in the wrong areas or ?

Thanks

Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
Here is a map with the different Raleigh Police Department Districts/beats.
Thank you for providing the map. I am interested in buying an appartment in Driftood Manor, corner of Western Blvd and Blue Ridge Rd. I am worried about the safety of the place. Can you or anyone else tell me anything about it?

Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM

5 posts, read 19,174 times
Avoid it like the plague.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:23 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,687,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CChild1 View Post
Avoid it like the plague.
Any specific reason?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 AM

5 posts, read 12,210 times
Default tryon pines is GREAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
The neighborhood was Tryon Pines. It was a subdivision off Tryon Road just past lake wheeler; built by Bill Clark homes. Just barely within the Raleigh City limts, very close to the Garner town line. It was a wonderfull house and a nice subdivision, but it was a bad area. There are some pretty rough older neighborhoods (this was a brand new neighborhood when I moved there in 2001) around it, including the Peach Creek townhomes, and Kingwood apartments. Lots of gang and drug activity in those areas. The gang MS13 "tagged" the Tryon Pines entrance sign TWICE with blue spraypaint (a neighbor of mine panted over the grafiti the first time), Not to mention that our little dog "dissapeared" from our backyard one night. We didn't even bother putting our house up for sale like 5 people on our street did that week; but rather we called up a "we buy houses" company, rented a house in Apex (which is where our kids already were assigned to school anyways), and were gone within a month.

I just bought a house in the Camden Crossing/Trailwood area (north of Tryon, west of Lake Wheeler Road). Additionally, I have lived a block away from Tryon Pines (in Villages of Tryon) for two years. All of these are GREAT neighborhoods. I would recomend any one of them to professionals working at NC State or downtown who want a quiet neighborhood and a short commute.
I have not yet moved into the house in Camden Crossing, but I have walked every morning and evening in Tryon Pines and Villages of Tryon and I can speak knowledgeably about those. These neighborhoods are extremely quiet and extremely safe. I have never (not a single time) seen even the slightest evidence of any kind of crime in either neighborhood. No vandalism, no theft, nothing. In fact, I walked by the same unsecured bicycle sitting on the same doorstep for weeks on end last summer without ever seeing it touched (and if you've ever lived in a place where there really is crime, you'll know that bicycles are one of the first things that disappears when criminals are actually around). I think I'minformed2 is trying to be helpful. However, s/he has not lived in or around Tryon Pines in a number of years (check out his/her other posts) and no longer even lives in or around Raleigh. All of these neighborhoods (camden crossing, trailwood, tryon pines, villages of tryon) are GREAT for professionals working at NC State. I'm a professor there, and I have tons of colleagues who live in these neighborhoods. In fact, before we bought our house in Camden Crossing, we made an offer on a house in Tryon Pines. I definitely recommend that you look more closely at these neighborhoods. We are so happy that we found them, and we plan to stay in our new house for 10 years or more. FYI, Camden Crossing is part of the base for Hunter Elementary - this is a magnet school for gifted and talented children.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:43 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,210,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Any specific reason?
We lived in that area.

It's been hit with an influx of bad people some from closed housing projects.

Not recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary