Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 PM

212 posts, read 1,017,280 times

Advertisements

We live near Panther Creek Highscool (Cary Park and Amberly area) and will be trying to have our first kid soon.
We are looking for recommendation for good OB GYN in our area

We checked some reviews online and where considering

Carolina Ob/Gyn Ultrasound Center
300 Ashville Avenue. Cary
or
Physicians for Women
1130 Kildaire Farm Rd, Ste 240. Cary

Thanks for any feedback!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 PM

18 posts, read 410,611 times
I see Dr. Seidel at Physicians for women and he is absolutely wonderful - him and his nurse, Judy. He also delivers at Western Wake in Cary which has a great women's center (another plus)!

Good luck in your search - and that is a very personal decision!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 PM

245 posts, read 809,678 times
I second packpr. Dr. Seidel guided me through two very different deliveries with great outcomes. The nurses at the hospital liked him a lot too.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 PM

80 posts, read 270,833 times
I teach childbirth education classes and am a doula as well. I would highly recommend Triangle OB (Wake Med Cary). Also, if you want to go out to Chapel Hill, UNC midwives and UNC Family Practice are excellent too.
If you want an out of hospital birth, the Women's Birth and Wellness Center in Chapel Hill is the place to go.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the replies, My wife went to Dr Siedel to get blood work but since she was pregnant for a month and half, short while after she had a very early miscarriage. While it was our first attempt, we'll be trying again shortly

Thanks AGAIN and Best wishes to you all!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 AM

113 posts, read 727,854 times
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Been there, done that. For what it's worth, I didn't have a great experience with Physicians for Women. The office staff was horrible. The doctors were ok, but never developed a rapport with me. I even saw Dr. Seidel out once and he didn't even recognize me (um, I was the 8 month pregnant one who had been seeing him 3 times a week!).

I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Welch in Cary, that's who I plan on using next. As someone else mentioned, the UNC Midwives are great, had my 1st with them, it's just too far for me now.

Good luck!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM

Just wanted to ask if anyone has been to Dr. Sheshardi at Physicians for Women? From what I've read on other posts, it is possible to get either one when you go in for your appointments. I was previously going to Cary Women's Center, but I did not feel comfortable there. Like my husband posted earlier, I have gone in to Physicians for Women, but only for blood work to test my HGC levels. I have not yet met either one of the doctors.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM

113 posts, read 727,854 times
I've seen both doctors there. You rotate between them for all prenatal appointments as you never know who you're going to get if you have a normal delivery. I preferred Dr. Seidel to Dr. Sheshadri, so since I had a scheduled c-section, I was able to request him. I was quite disappointed in my delivery though. I had my son at 10 am on a Tuesday and was never visited by a doctor until late the next day. I was very disappointed. You'd think that after being cared for by them for 9 months, they'd be there for you. I had many other issues with the office. Anyway, they're good doctors, but I think there are better out there. When you have something as important as this where you practially live at the doctor's office, feeling 100% comfortable is necessary.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:27 PM

34 posts, read 120,138 times
Default ob/gyn

I see Dr. Gerald Welch, he is great! Never have to wait long in the office and the office staff is real friendly and helpful.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 AM

34 posts, read 84,820 times
I see Dr. Welch as well and am due in 7 weeks with our first baby--he's really quite terrific. Very competent, always takes time to answer your many questions, great sense of humor, and you'll never feel he's rushed even when he is! Plus, you see him exclusively so by now, I feel like we have a great 'relationship' and he won't be someone I just met once or twice come delivery.

We're also using a doula and will try for minimal medical intervention, but will still have him and WakeMed readily available to assist with any problems. He's very open to whatever you feel is best for you and your baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary