Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times

Advertisements

Today was a really beautiful day so I took a quick walk around downtown on my lunch break. I snapped a few pics starting at the Seaboard Station area which is located just North of Peace Street and made my way South through downtown to the newly opened Fayetteville Street Area. This is by no means a comprehensive look at downtown, just a few specific areas. Hopefulyl it will give out of town folks a better idea of what some of downtown looks like during the typical business day. I will come back to this thread in the future and add pics of the Glenwood Avenue South and Moore Square areas soon. I posted a bunch of picutres here so I made the made them a little smaller so they would load faster.

These pictures were taken on 4/3/2007

The following four picutres are of he Seaboard Station Area which is a newly renovated area of downtown conveinent to the Historic Mordecai Neighborhood. From here I worked my way south to Fayetteville Street.

The Seaboard Wine Store, Ace Hardware, and soon to be Seaboard Fitness Center

New Downtown Grocery!

Logans Nursery

Seaboard 18 ~ Nice New Restaurant along with other new retail

Working my way South I next encountered the Downtown Government Complex

View Looking Down Wilmington Street

Folks Leaving the Downtown Museum Area

North Carolina Legislative Building

View Looking at area outside of Museum of Natural Science and Museum of History (lots of field trips today!)

Views of the State Capitol Building and surrounding area

View of Wachovia Buidling

View looking Down Fayetteville Street

Various Fayetteville Street Shots

View of Constrcution of RBC Plaza (Mixed use Development)

More Shots Along Fayetteville Street

View of the Downtown Convention Center Project

View of some other redevelopemnt project along Davie Street Downtown

View of Artspace Art Studios (Check them out on First Fridays!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 04:06 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,646,035 times
Thanks for some more great photos North Raleigh Guy!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM

237 posts, read 915,277 times
Default Awsome Pics

That looks like one clean city coming from jersey trust me. I cant wait Im in realestate investing, buying and renting , and buying older buildings and convertring them to apts or condos it looks like there is alot of opportunity there Nj and nY are so expensive I can't make any money up here. What do you think? oh plus the houses Im looking at around 200k would be 500 up here plus the taxes are 2k up here 7 k thats nice .

Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,534 times
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for those photos North Raleigh Guy. While we were down there we spent a lot of time in Chapel Hill/Carrboro and Cary but almost no time in Raleigh (we drove down the main highway and back basically) so it's nice to see what we missed. I especially like the look of the museum area. I am looking forward to checking it out for myself.

Does anyone know if there is public transportation from Chapel Hill to downtown Raleigh? I am not good at driving in big cities and it would be nice to not have to rely on my husband all the time.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM

306 posts, read 1,192,755 times
Default Nrg..

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU............................

Char

Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 PM

225 posts, read 954,323 times
Always enjoy looking at the pictures! Thanks! My first thought was how clean the city looked.....wow.........very nice.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,409,320 times
Good job as always, NRG. Nice to see so many of my stomping grounds in one photo collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Does anyone know if there is public transportation from Chapel Hill to downtown Raleigh? I am not good at driving in big cities and it would be nice to not have to rely on my husband all the time.
The Triangle Transit Authority (TTA) runs all the bus routes between the various Triangle area cities. At least one or two routes run between CH and Ral.
Take a look at GoTriangle.org for maps and schedules of TTA, as well as the city bus systems of Raleigh, Durham, ChapelHill/Carrboro, and Cary, all at one website.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,582 times
Wow! Great pictures!! Thank you so much for posting. We took a quick drive down by the state house during our visit in January, but we missed 98% of the city, based on your photos.

Were all those cranes (in the background of many of the photos) working on the convention center, or is there more construction going on? Is there a lot of new construction planned for downtown?

Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,794 times
ok, I am from the south so I can say this....Only in the south in the summer do you see men wearing navy blue blazers with white slacks

NRG, you are amazing. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It really does help out those of us who are too far away to visit before we move.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:16 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
NRG,
Another great job!
I have a similar shot of the WWII monument beside the Capitol Building, with Wachovia Building peaking over.
Mix of New, Older, and Much Older, like a lot of Downtown Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary