Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 05:27 PM

210 posts, read 749,432 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Brier Creek Country Club by Toll Brothers? Any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated. As well, how is the crime in this area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 06:24 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,566,769 times
Brier Creek is a wonderful golf community. They are just starting a new phase in there that I believe starts at $500,000. I have a client from Calif that has seen many developments even went out to Governers Club in Chapel Hill, and loved Brier Creek the best. He said it reminded him more of Calif. Sidewalks everywhere, beautiful pool area, and clubhouse. They have alot going on in this neighborhood. If you would like any info from that area pm me. Toll Brothers are wonderful custom builders, and the quality is awesome. Best of luck to you.

Debbie

Old 06-20-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the information. Is this a high crime area? As well, how is the housing appreciation for this community? Will it continue to rise or is the pricing too high now for the area?

Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 PM

478 posts, read 2,305,163 times
Brier Creek is built on a piece of land that was farmland not even 10 years ago. It is very close to the airport, and it's rather removed from most other things in Raleigh and Durham. It is a very new subdivision (read: less than five years old), and while I'm not absolutely sure about crime stats, I'd suppose that they are low because the area around it is so ... desolate.

The upside to the place is that there is a shopping center nearby and all of your shopping needs can be met there. Also, it's near I-540, which can take you to I-40 very quickly if you work someplace like RTP.

The downside is that, well, it's boring. Really, REALLY boring ... but then, my perspective is one of a young professional who likes an "urban core" type of feel. If you like suburbs, then that's your place. It has more of a family feel to it.

By the way, I'd be remiss to compare ANYTHING in NC to CA. That's not a fair comparison for either state.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:07 AM

Brier Creek is so close to everything. Alot of people don't like the hustle bustle around them, but like to be able to get there quickly. Usually with hustle bustle goes crime. I love Brier Creek, it is a beautiful community, and no there is no crime. Well as far as crime goes it can happen anywhere, but less apt to happen there I believe. It is a wonderful area to raise a family, and the shopping in the area is wonderful. Very close to RTP, and 540 has grown to be my favorite route. That comparison came from a client of mine from California, not myself. He was talking about the feel of the homes and the neighborhood. Everyone really is entitled to their own opinion, thats whats makes life interesting. Have a great day.

Debbie

Old 06-21-2006, 10:43 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
Keep in mind that although Brier Creek, itself, is an "up and growing" area, its about a mile from the Durham County line and there have actually been some crimes in the area. Its a great neighborhood and yes, we have some nicer and some not so nice. I think its relative to what you are looking for and you won't really know how you feel about a particular neighborhood until you drive through it and get a "feel" for it. But thats what makes us all so different. Different wants and needs and different interests and opinions! Vicki

Old 06-21-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
Keep in mind that although Brier Creek, itself, is an "up and growing" area, its about a mile from the Durham County line and there have actually been some crimes in the area. Vicki
What kind of crime are we talking about? Violent crime? Petty crime?

Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
A couple of "break in's". One was actually someone I know, who was visiting her grown daughter and babysitting her grand daughter. Someone broke in and didn't realize someone was at home. I guess it was going to be a robbery but they ran when they realized someone was at home. The other was another break in but I don't know much about it. Its not really in a violent area but it is on the edge of Raleigh, closer to Durham. Vicki

Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM

Bordering Durham and these incidents you speak of don't seem to be stopping buyers though. It seems these houses keep increasing in value even though they are already high priced. Do you think this community has room to keep going up in price? What will happen with the pricing since I understand this community is almost built out? Thanks.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM

It is a very desirable area, seeing that the area is growing and offers so much, as far as conveniences. The prices I'm sure will continue to rise. I feel that anyone that buys in the Brier Creek area won't ever have a problem selling there. A couple instances isn't holding anyone back from buying. It is a great area, and I'm sorry but things can happen anywhere. I'm pm you my website if you would like to talk further. Have an awesome day.

Debbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary