Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 AM

12 posts, read 47,734 times

Advertisements

We continue to have problems with our Time Warner Cable box restarting. This process takes 12-15 minutes each time and it has been happening about 3-4 times per night. When the tech came out to look at it he told us that 70%! of the calls he has had lately have been about the same thing. They say they know about it, but there is no fix. Are other people as frustrated as I am? I have already received a 1 month credit, but I'm about to get rid of this stupid service and be done with them for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 AM

37 posts, read 130,142 times
I had the same problem with the T/W TiVo type box. I took it back and got a switch out and haven't had a problem since.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,105 times
Maybe I need to switch out boxes too. My box has the worst delay I have ever seen. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds just to get the guide up and about the same to change the channel. It is really frustrating!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
This has been happening to us lately too! It always seems to happen at the worst times.....during the Democratic and Republican National Convention acceptance speeches, during the first Presidential debate....it really is frustrating!

I'm really tired of the substandard service of TWC especially with the prices they charge. I keep saying that I am going to cancel my services but never do. Is the only other option DIRECTV in North Raleigh zip 27614? I've never had satellite tv. What do others in 27614 use and are they happy with it (service and price)?

Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
The box software is junk. We went back to basic + standard which requires no box.

Way better.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM

95 posts, read 327,837 times
we had no problems with our box but now we are free air TV.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
The box software is junk. We went back to basic + standard which requires no box.

Way better.
That wouldn't work for me, I only watch programs that are in high definition. So far, no issues noticed on my cable box. Just a great picture.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
That wouldn't work for me, I only watch programs that are in high definition. So far, no issues noticed on my cable box. Just a great picture.
You should be able to get unscrambled channels in HD without a cable box.

I agree with others that the TWC cable box has so many problems. I had far fewer problems with the old TWC DVR box that I got 4 years ago. Unfortunately, they flashed it with this new software this year and since then, I've had to replace the box 3 times and it's still incredibly problematic (crashing, picture freezing, rebooting while watching a program).

Old 10-12-2008, 05:32 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielChang View Post
You should be able to get unscrambled channels in HD without a cable box.

I agree with others that the TWC cable box has so many problems. I had far fewer problems with the old TWC DVR box that I got 4 years ago. Unfortunately, they flashed it with this new software this year and since then, I've had to replace the box 3 times and it's still incredibly problematic (crashing, picture freezing, rebooting while watching a program).
I have programmed in many more high definition channels than just local channels. I need my ESPN & ESPN2 in high definition especially. Not sure how I would get those without a box. I also need the cable box to feed the surround sound system. I will make sure I never let them take the box I have, as it seems to be working so well.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 PM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
About a year ago my TWC box kept rebooting and I exchanged it for a new one. I didn't have any problems after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary