Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times

Advertisements

Zaino costs more, but it also takes far less product and the results are amazing! I have enough equipment and zaino....maybe I should open a detail shop on the side lol.
Here is the contrast between zaino and store bought wax...

sorry got off topic here lol. I would take the deal Machine Head is offering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 PM

415 posts, read 1,109,762 times
Okay - I don't know ANYTHING about cars and even I can see the difference between primer and paint!!!!! LOL!

Seriously, is the super shiny one the result of wax and so forth or is it a special paint? I'd be kind of thrilled to have my little 'ol Jetta looking all mirror-shiny!

Jenny_B

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post

I like your negotiation skills.

No really,the steps that New User and I take and the materials we use would NEVER happen with your standard detailer. As a matter of fact the $130 I quoted you from ABC only covers one coat of wax. If you priced out 3 stages of compounding and 6 coats of wax you could plan on paying $400-500 for just the outside of your car.

Seriously if you wanted just the outside of your car done (Wash, Claybar, 1 compound, & 2 wax, + wheels) I would charge $80. (the materials I use alone costing me $50) The trade off being you would have to bring the car to me and I can only do it on the weekends. This isn't my full time job, just a lifelong passion.
Really nice offer!!!

Husband has decided to use someone he kinda knows at Suggs??(where ever that is)

Thanks for all the help and education!!!

ps. I was only kidding about the 3 hour shortchange. I know it would be a killer deal!!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_B View Post
Okay - I don't know ANYTHING about cars and even I can see the difference between primer and paint!!!!! LOL!

Seriously, is the super shiny one the result of wax and so forth or is it a special paint? I'd be kind of thrilled to have my little 'ol Jetta looking all mirror-shiny!

Jenny_B
ah ya caught me lol. It has magnificent paint, but the wax certainly emphasizes it. If you car has not been polished and waxed for awhile, I would put some Menzerna intensive and final polishes on it first, then a little Zaino Fusion, followed by Z5 and Z2. It will make a world of difference unless your paint is heavily faded and oxidized, which nothing can help. Most detail places do not use products like we are talking about though. It is not in their best financial interest to have a wax job last six months lol. You are selling it anyway, so to be honest I would just take it to an auto spa or something similar.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 PM

415 posts, read 1,109,762 times
I'm not the OP - I'm definitely not selling my car, LOL - just bought it! I don't know if I'll ever be motivated enough to mail-order special products. I was thinking about running it through the auto-wash down the street... I'll bet that strikes fear into y'all's hearts!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 13,178 times
I am also looking for a good detailer. However, I am not looking for the average Joe. I need someone that knows what they are doing and can detail the exterior to the "show" level.

I have the zaino products but have never gone to the level that a number of individuals on this thread have described.

I have a new limited edition Foose Stallion mustang that I would like to have done. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
auto detailer in Raleigh-dscf1243.jpg   auto detailer in Raleigh-dscf1239.jpg   auto detailer in Raleigh-dscf1241.jpg  

Old 11-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
I am also looking for a good detailer. However, I am not looking for the average Joe. I need someone that knows what they are doing and can detail the exterior to the "show" level.

I have the zaino products but have never gone to the level that a number of individuals on this thread have described.

I have a new limited edition Foose Stallion mustang that I would like to have done. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
That is a beauty! Love the color!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 AM

Thanks... the car actually started its life off as a Black GT and then Chip Foose package was applied by their fab house Unique Performance at the time. The car has quite a number of goodies some they did and all of the engine work, I had done.
Here are the specs.

2007 Foose Stallion #41
Topside - Black with Hot Hues Cinnamon wrapped around
424 RWHP and 387 ft-lbs torque

Specs (including my mods):
FRPP Suspension
FRPP upgraded brakes
FRPP tuned exhaust
FRPP Axle Backs
FRPP (Whipple) Supercharger
FRPP Hot Rod Cams (P/N M-6550-3V)
FRPP Chrome Valve Covers
FRPP Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers

Have ready to install:
Steeda TriAx short shifter
Sequential Tail Lights
Mcleod RST Dual Disc Clutch
Raptor Blue LED Shift Light
10K and 15K HID (not sure which I will use, but have both)

Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 AM

By the way, is there a local shope that sells Zaino supplies? I have not found one yet.

What do you use as the lubricant when you are using the clay bar? I was also looking at my new car last night and I can see some light swirls so it looks like I will need to do a little more than I originally thought.

I currently have the Zaino Z-2, Z-6, Z-8, and the ZFX accelerator. Would you think I need the actual Z-5 Swirl / FIne Scratch remover also?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
By the way, is there a local shope that sells Zaino supplies? I have not found one yet.
I don't think so. I wasn't able to find one. I had to order it over the internet.

Quote:
What do you use as the lubricant when you are using the clay bar?
I fill a spray bottle with distilled water and some Dawn dishwashing liquid. There are several basic rules to the successful use of clay bar:

(1) use plenty of lubricant
(2) use only fresh, clean clay
(3) use plenty of lubricant
(4) use a very light hand with the clay
(5) use plenty of lubricant
(6) stretch and refold the clay frequently
(7) use plenty of lubricant
(8) on any given area, only clay until it passes the baggie test (see below)
(9) use plenty of lubricant

"Baggie Test": Put your hand in a sandwich baggie (the very thin kind, NOT a ZipLoc), spray a small area of your paint with the soap/water solution as a lubricant and lightly run your hand over the paint. Any contaminants will feel like huge bumps through the baggie! Use your claybar lightly on any areas that feel bumpy ... and use plenty of lubricant.

Quote:
I currently have the Zaino Z-2, Z-6, Z-8, and the ZFX accelerator. Would you think I need the actual Z-5 Swirl / FIne Scratch remover also?
I have a non-Zaino swirl mark remover. I think that it's made by 3M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary