Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,927,201 times

Advertisements

Wow -- interesting question!

Towns I've spent some time visiting (e.g., driving around, looking at houses, downtowns, etc.):
Durham (duh!), Chapel Hill, Morrisville, Hillsborough, Mebane, Burlington, Butner, Creedmoor, Oxford, Henderson, Raleigh, Carrboro, Cary, Wake Forest, Knightdale, Zebulon, Clayton, Garner

Towns I've driven into but never really stopped to look around:
Holly Springs, Apex (I don't count driving along NC 55 -- I really need to see the downtown!)

Towns I've never been to:
Fuquay-Varina, Angier, Rolesville, Franklinton, Louisburg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 AM

847 posts, read 3,529,054 times
I've never been to Holly Springs either, or Fuquay-Varina, AFAIK.

I've got family or friends in many of these places, lived in others, and stopped in many driving up/down US1 back in the day.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:54 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,166,010 times
Being a local, I've pretty much been everywhere, BUT there are some places I don't go for years at a time and I'm always AMAZED at the growth and development. For example Holly Springs. My child used ot have a friend that lived there so we went often. Then she moved and it was probably 4-5 years before I went back (picked something up there off of Craigslist) and it didn't even look like the same town!!!
I also haven't been to Fuquay or Chapel Hill in probably 10 years and Wake Forest in at least 5. I just have no reason to go I guess. I don't know anyone who lives there and certialy am not driving out there just for the heck of it!

The only reason I've recently been to Durham is because my brother moved there, although we do go to the museum there occassionally. I drive through Clyton on 40 frequently but have never really gone there for anything. I've been to Knightdale and Garner more frequently.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,358,403 times
Well after almost 5 years here I have yet to make it through the streets of down town Raleigh. Certainly have gone many times through Raleigh to come out on the other side of it to get to Garner and points East, South, and West of Garner but never seen the downtown area of Raleigh.

Holy detours I must add that to the list of un explored triangle areas. Removing brown paper bag from head here labeled Wake Forest-ite, as now the truth is out in the open! Ha! Oh well......as that was a deep subject anyway!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,078,556 times
Now that I think about it, I've been through a ton of towns in the area in the 2 years I've been here. Guess I've explored more of it than I realized. I have not seen downtown Apex yet, but I want to. I also want to check out Pittsboro, but haven't had a reason to yet.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:08 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,393,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
I also want to check out Pittsboro, but haven't had a reason to yet.
There is a very cool soda fountain/drug store in Pittsboro that serves the biggest banana splits you have ever seen. Make sure you don't go on a Sunday as we know from experience that they are closed. It's on the main street. You can't miss it.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:59 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,078,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
There is a very cool soda fountain/drug store in Pittsboro that serves the biggest banana splits you have ever seen. Make sure you don't go on a Sunday as we know from experience that they are closed. It's on the main street. You can't miss it.
Reason found! Thanks, Jackie.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,264,652 times
After 34 years, I can't say that I have ever been to Rolesville or Wendell and I can't remember actually stopping in Clayton, though I have travelled through it many times on travelling on 70. I think that old KKK welcome sign kept me from stopping in the past! Since I-40 was completed to the East, I can't say that I have been on that stretch of 70.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 PM

286 posts, read 996,132 times
Carrboro.....don't know why i'd ever go there.....

Old 07-19-2008, 12:00 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,352,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Carrboro.....don't know why i'd ever go there.....

I go for the Weaver Street Market Music Events. Well worth the Trip!!!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ter-hours.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary