Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM

189 posts, read 374,834 times

Advertisements

We're coming to Raleigh this weekend for our first look, and I've been quite excited about it.

Two days ago, my four year old daughter was looking at the US map on the wall in our playroom and doing the rundown on where our extended family lives. She's also very fond of discussing where the princesses live (i.e. Florida). Suddenly she started asking where Wall-E lived.

I started explaining how Wall-E originally lived on the planet Earth and then traveled into space, blahblahblah... but she kept insisting on "no, WALL-E! Where is WALL-E??" And then finally she said, "Where we are dwiving to and sleeping in a hotel!" (Me: )

So we are now telling everyone we run into how 'Waleigh' is in Norf Cawolina and it's the orange state underneath Virginia but Virginia is purple and the hotel lives in Waleigh and she will swim in the pool in the hotel and sleep in a bed but Hannah will sleep in a crib in the hotel.... LOL

She declared yesterday that she loves Raleigh and asked if we could live there. Pretty impulsive considering she's never seen it. Hopefully the maps of our route that I printed out for her will help her keep busy on our drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
Have a great trip! So nice that your whole family is excited!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:56 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Glad to hear that someone else's 4 year old can't pronounce the letter "R". We joke with my son all the time about it. He just can't pronounce his little brother's name, "Wyan" (Ryan).

Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 AM

222 posts, read 545,964 times
Very cute! Sounds like my own four year old daughter! She says she likes living in Nof Cawolina more than she liked living in Wode Island.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:54 PM

932 posts, read 3,098,195 times
Cute. My son is 4 and also says "Waleigh." He thinks Spiderman lives downtown and lives off of Krispy Kreme.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:04 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
Spiderman is going to be very hungry! KK is closed for over a month!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:14 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,284,038 times
bless her little heart... good thing y'all aren't going to Fuquay... You might have washed her little mouth out with soap.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,873,429 times
They are so cute at that age! Hope the family enjoys the trip!
BTW - when my oldest was maybe 6 we used to drive by the Keebler plant in Raleigh. She asked if the elves lived in the trees outside the plant as there was a huge old oak there. I couldn't tell her no as she was so excited about the possibility. So, whenever we drove by, I'd add to the ongoing story about the elves in the big oak tree and how they like living in Raleigh and being on TV too. Now that spot is a shopping ctr at Wake Forest and Six Forks across from Costco. but I still think of it when I drive by.
I hope you find your elf story in Raleigh, it's a great place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary