Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM

41 posts, read 223,537 times

Advertisements

Thank you all so much for your recommendations! Within the next few weeks we're planning to visit a few of these. I'll come back and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM

8 posts, read 34,675 times
I have been to some of the churches mentioned - to include Calvary Chapel, Unity Triange, Crossroads and KPIC. We attended Unity for over 6 months and really didn't consider it to be all that diverse - my children were the only ones of color. Since the church is right across the street from a homeless shelter, it seemed like they would have really reached out for them to attend. I don't think they discouraged it, but some outreach would have been great.

Crossroads and KPIC ended up being too far away. Of the two, KPIC appeared to be more diverse.

We liked Calvary Chapel, and yes they are very diverse. The pastor, his family and the assistant pastors were friendly, but IMHO the congregation wasn't all that welcoming or friendly. Some of the people working in the children's church even seemed to be a bit aloof and distant.

Best wishes in your search. Let me know what you find - we might just follow you!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 AM

76 posts, read 219,944 times
I went to Hope for 3+ years and loved it. It is non - denominational, and diverse. No matter you color, socio, or eco status, they will love you open arms. Paster Mike Lee is such a great person, and pastor. I would highly recommend that church.
Currently, though, I am going to an Assembly of God church, Raleigh First. It's about half the size of Hope, but is just as loving and open. I know for a fact that we have people from many African countries because my wife and I usually sit next to a few of the families. I want to say Ghana and another west african county. However, it's not just black and white as we have many latino and indian families as well. Raleigh First is all about missions and going into foreign countries. You can't have a church do that if you don't have a diverse base!
If you have any questions about either feel free to ask. Also, you mentioned Crossroads - it too is a wonderful church. My wife went there for many years before we met.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:27 AM

12 posts, read 77,199 times
Default church

Hi, You should check out Living Word Family Church! We have been going there since Sept. and love it! Great praise worship, wonderful pastors, awesome kid programming.

Living Word Family Church - Home

Right off Capital on Star Road. 3 services to attend. Saturday at 6pm, and Sundays at 9 and 11am. Also, 11am service is bilingual.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 AM

330 posts, read 984,654 times
Default Another Great Multi-Cultural Church

I definitely think you should check out Connections Church. It's not huge like Calvary or Hope but it is very diverse, the messages are outstanding and the worship is great. Best of all, it is under 200 in attendance (although growing really rapidly) so it is easy to get to know people and build relationships. Lots of blended families in addition to many races and nations present.

Also, it is non-denominational. I know that is important to a lot of people.

This is their website: Raleigh Churches: Connections Church - Raleigh, Cary, Apex

Old 08-29-2008, 11:10 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchbetter View Post
World peace through world governance
Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
How do you eliminate extremes of weath?
Does world governance mean one government???

Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM

20 posts, read 88,973 times
I am also looking for a church who is racially diverse. I looked at some of the suggestions that were given previously. This really helps out. I will check out Hope Church.
But I will tell you that I've visited Calvary Chapel Cary (actually in Apex) several times. It is probably one of the most racially diverse churches that I've visited. And I love the verse by verse teaching. The Senior Pastor at that church is very knowledgeable about the Bible (A MAJOR plus). He brings the Word so that everyone can understand. The downside of this church IMHO is the lack of community involvement. But I will continue to visit there as well as seek out other churches.

Also Connections church and Journey church are good. They are diverse (not as diverse as Calvary Chapel Cary), but they also welcoming and friendly.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:15 PM

20 posts, read 88,973 times
wufpack,

Have you visited Celebration Family Church on Gresham Lake Rd (Raleigh)? I recently visited the church and it is VERY diverse and friendly.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 12,491 times
Default Crossroads has no Black staff

Hate to burst you bubble, but Crossroads fired it's only 2 black staff members, and although they have an African gentleman working on staff, they waited 15 years before even getting an African American to serve as an elder, and 13 years before an African American was ever allowed to preach. James White, an incredible preacher the first, and then an African American from a Baptist Church downtown.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-30-2010 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Deleted potentially libelous comments.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 AM

210 posts, read 425,851 times
Sorry to resuscitate such an old thread, but does anyone know how big is Calvary Chapel? Less than 1000?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary