Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM

14 posts, read 28,871 times

Advertisements

We have traveled to the area several times trying to decide where we want to land; we are now leaning toward Holly Springs, but would like a little feedback on the town and high school. We are looking to purchase a 4 bed home in the low 400 range what we are wondering is it worth it to get a little less house & land in Cary? We have heard about Cary high schools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM

5,765 posts, read 17,683,566 times
I think that Holly Springs has a good 10 years before it catches up to where Cary is now with respect to shopping, entertainment, recreation, etc.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM

36 posts, read 153,538 times
Default Try Holly Pointe

Look at Holly Pointe in Holly Springs Moderator cut: url removed
My wife and I spent almost 4 months looking at EVERY community in the Raleigh Metro area. We chose Holly Pointe because of its ease of commute to both Chapel Hill and anywhere else in the Triangle area + the great neighborhood. Everyone we come in contact with keeps telling us about how great the schools are that serve Holly Pointe and how great our builder is. Be sure to post your decision.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: to comply with the terms of service

Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,973,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I think that Holly Springs has a good 10 years before it catches up to where Cary is now with respect to shopping, entertainment, recreation, etc.
So are you saying YES to Cary because of all that or YES to Holly Springs because of what all that brings....especially appreciation.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:47 PM

82 posts, read 273,292 times
My vote is for Cary. I think Cary is beautiful and just for the fact that Holly Springs has the huge Landfill and the Power Plant is much closer is a huge deterrent for me. Just my opinion though.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:09 PM

5,765 posts, read 17,683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So are you saying YES to Cary because of all that or YES to Holly Springs because of what all that brings....especially appreciation.
Neither. I was letting the OP make that decision

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Default Airplane Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpaws02 View Post
My vote is for Cary. I think Cary is beautiful and just for the fact that Holly Springs has the huge Landfill and the Power Plant is much closer is a huge deterrent for me. Just my opinion though.
True, but Cary is full of airplane noise from RDU... Holly Springs is practically immune from airplane noise.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,834,051 times
I don't think it's nearly as simple as "Town A or Town B".
Holly Springs is a great, family oriented place to live. Cary is all of that and a lot more. A LOT of the decision needs to be based on geography/commuting/distance to the activities and shopping that matter to you. Your budget will buy you a lovely home in either town. Property taxes are higher in HS.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 PM

43,605 posts, read 77,789,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnmowing View Post
True, but Cary is full of airplane noise from RDU... Holly Springs is practically immune from airplane noise.
A huge amount of Cary also has no airplane noise.
I live on the edge of the RDU notification area, and we can go days without hearing a plane.
Other areas almost never have plane noise, if ever. And they are not hard to find.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Airplane Noise - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
A huge amount of Cary also has no airplane noise.
I live on the edge of the RDU notification area, and we can go days without hearing a plane.
Other areas almost never have plane noise, if ever. And they are not hard to find.
You sure? Click here: " + theTitle + "
Then check "Visible" for runways 5 and 23, then click "Refresh"

Is the information on this map incorrect? It may be for all I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary