Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 11,944 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of relocating due to the cost of living on long island. We think most likely we would rent first before buying a house just to make sure we really like the area.

We are heading down next week to check things out and would like to look into some apartments. We need to find one that would allow 2 small dogs ~15lbs each (mini dachshunds). We would like to find something in a safe area and preferably not too expensive as we only want to be there 3-6 months before we bought a house.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 08:25 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,077 times
I think you'll find that many apartments here permit pets - the variable will be the feel they charge you to have them. I was in your position last year, and found fees ranging from $200 to $700, most of them non-refundable, with many of them also charging a monthly pet rent. I ultimately settled on The Columns at Wakefield in N. Raleigh - they charged me $400 for my dogs, and that's it - no additional rent, no additional fee should I extend my lease beyond a year, etc.

As far as the short-term lease thing, that I can't speak to. I knew I wanted to rent for at least a year.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:47 PM

31 posts, read 111,368 times
I just rented at Camden Crest -- near Glenwood Ave and Lynn Road. They have a $250 refundable pet fee plus a $250 nonrefundable pet fee. No pet rent. Their leases start at 3 months.

I haven't moved in yet, so I can't give you an experienced review. But the apartments seem nice and the common areas are nice.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 PM

41 posts, read 229,091 times
Try some of the apartments in Cary and Morrisville, lots of them allow pets for a reasonable fee you can look up on apartments.com . The deposits are usually nonrefundable and they charge a nominal rent per month.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:00 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Northridge Crossings, my home, is pet friendly. Reaspnable fees.

We love dogs and cats except traditionally aggressive breeds.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:20 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Park at Vista - new complex, very accessible to RTP and all highways, has pool, 24 hr gym, allows cats and small dogs. There is a pet deposit here as well.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
OOOPS, that would Vista at the Park - in Cary. Sorry for the error. We're actually moving there until our house is completed. I'd better the name straight.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 11,944 times
Thank you for the replies, I'll be sure to check these apartments out when I'm down next week. If anybody has any others feel free to keep them coming.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:46 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Montecito in North Raleigh loves cats and small dogs. My daughter and her cat monsters live there.

Older but good if budget is an issue.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM

715 posts, read 1,038,510 times
Default fellow mini dachshund owner- apartment suggestion

Deez-
We moved from Florida (same basic situation you're looking at) and rented at Alexan Place at South Square (in southwest Durham) for 9 months ---6 months plus 3 months month-to-month til we sold our FL house and moved into our NC home. We have one mini dachshund, smooth black and tan- she's a little fireball, etc. etc.! Alexan is very petfriendly and the deposit for a the dog wasn't pricey. They put poop bags out by little trashcans around the property, and also have a small dogpark on the south end of the property. Never heard neighbors, so I think the walls are pretty well insulated. Being in an apt, we were quick to stem tide if our girl barked. Big voice!
Anyway, Alexan has good folks. 2BR/2bath --1100 sf-- started at around $850.00 Not bad at all. You can bring your dog into the main apartment office also when picking up packages, paying rent, whaterver- they're very pet friendly.
Best wishes,
Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary