Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,374,093 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd start this thread for those folks that are looking for jobs in our area.

Maybe those of us that hear about any hiring can just add to this post?

The Tanger Outlets in Mebane announced they'd be hiring another 500 folks before Christmas. That is only 40 minutes from North Raleigh.

The News and Observer announced that the new Wal Mart that is near Triangle Center is also hiring.

Anyone else?

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,203,803 times
The Harris Teeter on Harrison and Maynard had a sign up yesterday!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM

5,765 posts, read 17,684,761 times
The company that I work for has been hiring this past quarter. Looking for embedded software and system test engineers with telecom experience. I know that my team needs 2 people right now.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 AM

9,159 posts, read 14,878,677 times
Well at least there's 2 actual jobs mentioned here. I honestly can't believe we've sunk to posting retail jobs here like people should flock to them. The sad part is people will because they have to. Seems like everyone is just willing to settle for scraps. I mean even the state is willing to give away millions for just 40 decent jobs to companies like Facebook for data centers.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Deleted unnecessary personal comment.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:59 AM

5,765 posts, read 17,684,761 times
RIM is hiring people for its new Cary office. Again. . . . . . embedded SW development and system test positions. They just had a big "invitation only" job fair yesterday.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,374,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Well at least there's 2 actual jobs mentioned here. I honestly can't believe we've sunk to posting retail jobs here like people should flock to them. The sad part is people will because they have to. Seems like everyone is just willing to settle for scraps. I mean even the state is willing to give away millions for just 40 decent jobs to companies like Facebook for data centers.
"I" think that someone who is out of work, needs to feed their family and finds themselves in a bind will take a job, even if it is temporary, to feed their family.

When hubby and I were young and had small kids, we did what we had to do so that I could stay at home with them. He worked a full time job and a part time job and I worked part time in retail.

So, yes, I think that folks that want a job will appreciate those of us that are trying to help instead of those that just find fault in everyone and eveything.

Vicki

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 AM

881 posts, read 2,263,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I am prepared to be flamed but I agree. This area has a lot of highly educated people. I think these jobs are great for teens and others who just need a part time gig. I find it even funnier to suggest people from Raleigh should consider a job at the outlets. One thing about retail is it's rarely full time and the pay is barely above minimum wage if you are lucky. So by the time you drive out there spend the money on gas, wear and tear on your car, and many stores require you to wear there clothing I doubt you will have even made money... Don't believe me check out the reviews on glassdoor.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM

406 posts, read 790,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I am prepared to be flamed but I agree. This area has a lot of highly educated people. I think these jobs are great for teens and others who just need a part time gig. I find it even funnier to suggest people from Raleigh should consider a job at the outlets. One thing about retail is it's rarely full time and the pay is barely above minimum wage if you are lucky. So by the time you drive out there spend the money on gas, wear and tear on your car, and many stores require you to wear there clothing I doubt you will have even made money... Don't believe me check out the reviews on glassdoor.
I believe you and also agree.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

662 posts, read 1,652,802 times
I didn't read that the postings in this thread had to be for "highy educated" people? I know a lot of people (including teenagers and adults) looking for any part-time openings. What may not be a good fit for one could be a good fit for someone else. I don't see how some of the above posts are helpful here.

I appreciate the efforts of anyone trying to help pass the word about any jobs, whether they be at Walmart or SAS. Thanks Vicki!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,203,803 times
The jobs open at HT were not all "teen jobs", they were more specialized and management level (produce manager as well as cashier!)
In any case, it's the holidays and lots of people need extra money. It doesn't necessarily have to be someone's main source of income. I have a Master's degree and have worked PT retail for years!
Also, I read recently that HT is a great company to work for. Evidently they offer tons of benefits even to PT employees!

Last edited by lamishra; 11-18-2010 at 02:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary