Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:43 PM

403 posts, read 353,232 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone has an update on the Cornerstone & Searstone developments at High House & Davis Dr in Cary. I see that Crosland has now put a sign up on Davis across from Stone Creek Village, stating that outparcels and retail are coming soon. What is the final layout of Cornerstone and what may be coming? Also, when are they ever going to start Searstone?

I am really looking forward to this development, as I live in Stone Creek Village. I will never have to drive again. Any info would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,678,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
It's going to be big. I can't wait.
I'm not eager for all the additional traffic at the Davis and High House intersection once Searstone is developed.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,721 times
I never have to wait more than one light cycle at that intersection at the times of day I ever go through it.

I like the idea of having this stuff close by rather than having to drive to somewhere like Beaver or Brier Creek for it. Far outweighs any rush hour inconvenience.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,251 times
Default Fyi

The town residents sued Cary to try and stop this development and it is going to court (maybe today which is why I ran into this).

This is a wonderful project and for everyone that has expressed support on this thread, you all need to know how hard these projects are to get approved. Most people simply want to oppose anything and everything. One day, they oppose high density and the next they oppose sprawl. They simply don't get it.

That being said, if you want these types of developments, you should voice your opinions publically. All of the opponents certainly do!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 AM

551 posts, read 2,287,321 times
It's difficult to decide about whether or not to support the SearStone project as it has morphed a few times from nearly entirely residential to substantially retail. The latter would mean a lot more traffic. Does anyone know what the current project is?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,232 times
Thumbs up Park Place In Cary At High House & Davis, Plus Carolina Ale House

Hey All. I was doing a search to find out exactly what will be going in at the High House & Davis Drive intersection and this is how I came across this city-data site. I also contacted the developer and was told the development will be called Park Place. (carymixeduse.com). They would not tell me exactly what was going in there, as they are negotiating, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to find anything out. I am hoping for more restaurants, as well as some good shopping.

On a somewhat related note, I hear the Carolina Ale House will be going in across the street in Stone Creek Village.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-27-2008 at 06:42 AM..

Old 04-27-2008, 11:31 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,678,691 times
Cornerstone, Stone Creek, Searstone and Park Place are on the four corners of the Davis/High House intersection. That seems like a lot retail!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,721 times
Had not heard that about an Ale House. That is big news.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM

17 posts, read 59,941 times
Checked today to see if the Judge had ruled on the Crosland Developmeent planned for High House and Davis (hearing was on April 17 with expected decision in 7-10 days) and there is still no word. I am hopeful the project will have to go back to the board for a vote that follows the guidelines set by the Town of Cary this time.

As for Searstone - originally they said it should be ready for move in summer of 2008 when I looked into it for my mother-in-law a long time ago. But that was long before they were talking about big box retail and expanded plans. As of now - they haven't even broken ground except the sales unit. They say they are not for profit but their home/unit pricing is very high and retail plans are very large. And if they are only at 35% that lot will be empty for a long time. Meanwhile, the adult living community of Carolina Preserve at Amberly is selling very well and houses in Heritage Pines don't stay on the market long so there is a desire for 50+ living. Makes you wonder why Searstone can't sell their minimum.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,708 times
Thanks, RachelA for the informative update.

Does someone have more info on the ruling, now that 7-10 days have passed? Seems like that area is going to stay undeveloped forever (which could be wonderful as there needs to be more preservation of land around Davis and High House). Watching what looked to be a 200 year old oak tree felled for 'The Learning Experience' preschool/daycare nearby was painful.

Plus, Tranquility Sun & Spa went out of business in Cornerstone recently, and the Kroger on High House and 55 out of biz. Seems developers should be prudent about putting in more of the same stuff that is found throughout Cary and Apex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary