Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,777,093 times

Advertisements

So, I noticed they started clearing land and put signs up for the infamous development at Davis and High House. It's going to be called Bradford.

New Luxury Apartments in Cary NC, Bradford Apartments

Commerical brochure: http://liveatbradford.com/CSE-Bradfo...cial-Flyer.pdf

Looks pretty nice to me. Not sure it will be a blight on Cary. It does look like they put some Townhomes closest to the adjacent property and even they are separated by a good sized green space and the road.

Also looks like the two stoplights they will put in on Davis will be quite a help to those leaving the rear of Stone Creek Village and Rigsbee Farm. Maybe it will end up like Park West and actually solve traffic problems already existing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 AM

22,677 posts, read 36,826,713 times
I saw the signs too. That's not a great intersection, sight lines are pretty bad. I didn't realize that they were putting in another light but I think that will help. Still happy we didn't buy that house we liked in Georgetown at Preston, though!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,429,856 times
While I'm excited at the prospect of having another area to walk to, I worry about the ability to attract businesses. I'd love a bookstore, shoe store etc but there are still so many empty stores in Stone Creek.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:04 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,832,587 times
As a daily commuter on Davis, count me as worried that the stoplights will choke things up unless they somehow get the lights timed perfectly. The backed up cars stopped at High House will extend way beyond the new stoplight at Valleystone. I don't want to end up with another clusterf___ like the mess between Davis & Lake Grove and Davis & Morrisville Carpenter.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,866,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
While I'm excited at the prospect of having another area to walk to, I worry about the ability to attract businesses. I'd love a bookstore, shoe store etc but there are still so many empty stores in Stone Creek.
This is what concerns me about the rampant development on this corner. Yes, there are some success stories in Stone Creek (Five Guys, Tribeca), but there are a LOT of empty stores there as you point out. I fail to see where we need more empty stores, especially since Park West is already way ahead of the development pace of Bradford. And Searstone is finally getting off the ground, after years of delay.

Unfortunately, too often the greedy developers have too much influence over the town council, who simply looks at this as a potential tax revenue source. There's nothing worse than a half-empty development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
As a daily commuter on Davis, count me as worried that the stoplights will choke things up unless they somehow get the lights timed perfectly. The backed up cars stopped at High House will extend way beyond the new stoplight at Valleystone. I don't want to end up with another clusterf___ like the mess between Davis & Lake Grove and Davis & Morrisville Carpenter.
They are going to have to time these lights just right, because traffic in that area is bad at rush hour. While I do side with the rights of the landowners to sell to the highest bidder, the town council needs to understand that a major development on every corner will not be conducive to traffic flow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary