Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,277,957 times

Advertisements

Anybody planning on checking out the rides at the NC International Auto Expo? It will be held at the NC State Fair Grounds from 3/13-3/16. You need a ticket for admission. I might enter my Bugatti Veyron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM

61 posts, read 165,701 times
if you enter your Bugatti Veyron, I'll enter my 1955 300SL gullwing

Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times
Wow, their website is kind of lacking. I love auto shows, I used to live for the South Florida International Auto Show when I lived in Miami. It's fun to look at all the new cars and concepts and dream.

Maybe once the new convention center is finished they might expand the show a little bit here - my car brand isn't even represented . It might be something to check out for fun, though.

On a similar note, there will also be a classic and "special interest" car show on Saturday, March 15th at the Seaboard Ace Hardware (http://www.seaboardace.com/images/stpatflyer.jpg - broken link) in which a car club I belong to will be taking part. That will be a busy weekend, what with the St. Paddy's Day parade and all.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
Maybe once the new convention center is finished they might expand the show a little bit here - my car brand isn't even represented .
I don't recall seeing a Yugo at the car show since the 80s!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I don't recall seeing a Yugo at the car show since the 80s!
LOL! Did they even have them at auto shows then?

You're close, but not close enough - it's a MINI! It's probably since they don't have a dealership here in the Triangle. Why? I'll never know, since there are a lot of them here and I see more and more all the time. Oh, well. C'est la vie!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
LOL! Did they even have them at auto shows then?

You're close, but not close enough - it's a MINI! It's probably since they don't have a dealership here in the Triangle. Why? I'll never know, since there are a lot of them here and I see more and more all the time. Oh, well. C'est la vie!
I honestly don't know if they ever had Yugos at the auto show. However, I have had the privilege of driving one back in the early 90s. A buddy of mine had one for a couple of years and I drove it one day - what a piece of junk. It was 4 or 5 years old when he bought it and had only about 30k miles on it, yet he paid just a few hundred bucks for it. When he was ready to move up to something nicer, he sold it to a junker for about $50.

It is surprising that we don't have a Mini dealer here to me, and even more surprising that the one dealer in the state wouldn't bring a car or 2 to the show here. Very cool cars though, and after watching the Italian Job, I have to have one someday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary