Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:05 AM

7 posts, read 6,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
No and No. Stick with Willow Spring or Clayton.
Any particular reason why these should be avoided? Haha we have found several beautiful houses with 1+ acre there 😞
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 09:11 AM

514 posts, read 603,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbmx3 View Post
Thank you all for your replies. We'd prefer not to be in a subdivision if possible. We currently live in a subdivision with a Hoa and it's just not something we are particularly fond of. We went through a ridiculous battle with our Hoa over what type of privacy fence we wanted to put up and I hate to think that I'm paying for a house but someone else can tell me what I can and can't do to it. We will also be moving again in about 6 years so resale is something we have to look out for. Looking on Realtor.com it just seems like the houses in Clayton that are within our price range and have at least a 1/2 acre will require remodeling so we were just trying to look outside of the area but still within about 25 minutes or so of it to houses that are already done.

Are there specific areas to avoid that he will get stuck in traffic commuting to Clayton if we did choose a different area?
Commuting to Clayton won't have much traffic unless you are coming through the 40/42 area. Coming from the Cleveland side, he could certainly sit. I have personally sat for almost 2 hours trying to get through that little intersection, outside of rush hour. The roads have not caught up with the traffic patterns as yet and growth continues.

Once we decided on Johnston County, and Clayton, we strongly considered Cleveland (west) but did not want to deal with the extra traffic, even though we could have gotten more house for the money over that way than we did in Flowers Plantation (east).

It sounds as if you already have a realtor. Why not have him/her send you matches to your criteria and let that be a guiding light for you all? I do think you need to determine how important it is to you all to be in certain schools.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:04 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your replies. We'd prefer not to be in a subdivision if possible. We currently live in a subdivision with a Hoa and it's just not something we are particularly fond of. We went through a ridiculous battle with our Hoa over what type of privacy fence we wanted to put up and I hate to think that I'm paying for a house but someone else can tell me what I can and can't do to it. We will also be moving again in about 6 years so resale is something we have to look out for. Looking on Realtor.com it just seems like the houses in Clayton that are within our price range and have at least a 1/2 acre will require remodeling so we were just trying to look outside of the area but still within about 25 minutes or so of it to houses that are already done.

Are there specific areas to avoid that he will get stuck in traffic commuting to Clayton if we did choose a different area?
If you are planning to move in 6 years already and worried about resale, why are you needing a half of an acre of land to maintain and why not live in a subdivision where you are more likely to get a good resale price?

The areas you're looking in haven't seen dramatic RE appreciation and are the first ones to struggle in a recession, because people immediately move closer to job centers if they can (or if they are relocating) because they don't want to spend to much money commuting.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:18 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,919,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Why drive from Willow Spring each day for a job in Clayton. Drive through 40/42 area morning and evening. I don't think so. If you work in Clayton, live in Clayton. Easy commute to Raleigh.
Depends on where in Willow Spring one chooses to live. Personally, if I was working in Clayton, I would take 210 to 70 or take one of the cut over roads to 70. Of course it depends on exactly where one would be working in Clayton, but my guess is it would be at or near Grifols.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:24 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,919,382 times
Quote:
Any particular reason why these should be avoided? Haha we have found several beautiful houses with 1+ acre there 😞
Many reasons, but if interested, best to see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary