Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,740 times

Advertisements

I just learned about a new development north of Raleigh, I guess in the Wake Forest area - named "Hasentree." There is a Hasentree-dot-com. (In German, Hasen means 'rabbit' - Rabbit tree? )

It is supposed to resemble a European community. It sounds so cool I want to see it now! I can't locate any prices or home elevations.

Is it hype or is it pretty? Anyone know anything about it? I appreciate any information - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,216 times
Default Hasentree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
I just learned about a new development north of Raleigh, I guess in the Wake Forest area - named "Hasentree." There is a Hasentree-dot-com. (In German, Hasen means 'rabbit' - Rabbit tree? )

It is supposed to resemble a European community. It sounds so cool I want to see it now! I can't locate any prices or home elevations.

Is it hype or is it pretty? Anyone know anything about it? I appreciate any information - thanks!
Hi Adream,

If you go to google (www.google.com) and type in Hasentree+Wake Forest, NC that will bring it up. I can't post the site to the forum because it's a builder's group copyrighted marketing website. Double whammy.

Amenities will include a Fazio championship golf course, a Clubhouse with Tennis and Golf Pro Shop. Also a world class restaurant and lounge with private dining and meeting rooms. Plus... a Fitness and Family Activity Center with massage treatment rooms, state-of-the-art cardio and fitness equipment, swimming pools, and a theatre/media room. Also a children's club.

Prices start at 800K and go up to 5+ million.

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 11-26-2006 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: spaces, additional information, punctuation

Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,017 times
Because of the location, they also have very large wooded lots. The fall release of private ownership lots happened a couple weeks ago, and they sold 11, but there are still great cul de sac lots and golf course lots available - there is no time limit to build on those, and you can choose any of their custom builders. The community is still VERY new, so there's not a lot to see yet besides artists renderings. There is at least one complete model, it wasn't done in time for the Parade of Homes, but it is done now. They're finishing another one, too. They just opened the sales center this month - before that, they were in a tent, albeit a nice one. The golf course is partially completed now, but it should be open in the spring, and the family center should be done I believe next year as well. I've got a couple clients interested in it, but often people hesitate to be one of the first in a community, especially when there are not a lot of comps in MLS. Of course, in a few years, people say they wish they had been there first...

Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Hi Adream,...
Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! Regards, Cassie
Prices start at 800K and go up to 5+ million.
In that case, I'll buy two!
Thank you Cassie, hope your Thanksgiving was great as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
Because of the location, they also have very large wooded lots. The fall release of private ownership lots happened a couple weeks ago, and they sold 11, but there are still great cul de sac lots and golf course lots available - there is no time limit to build on those, and you can choose any of their custom builders. The community is still VERY new, so there's not a lot to see yet besides artists renderings. There is at least one complete model, it wasn't done in time for the Parade of Homes, but it is done now. They're finishing another one, too. They just opened the sales center this month - before that, they were in a tent, albeit a nice one. The golf course is partially completed now, but it should be open in the spring, and the family center should be done I believe next year as well. I've got a couple clients interested in it, but often people hesitate to be one of the first in a community, especially when there are not a lot of comps in MLS. Of course, in a few years, people say they wish they had been there first...
Thank you - great insight! Would you mind PM'ing me if you find out anything new? I'd really appreciate it. I will be buying two, you know.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 AM

354 posts, read 1,217,952 times
The golf course is all finished and scheduled to open July 2007 with a permanent Pro shop.

Construction has already started on the Activity Center and is scheduled to open on Memorial Day. First family move in- probably April or May 2007.

The terrain is quite beautiful and the course designed by Tom Fazio would probably be one of the best, if not the best in the Raleigh area.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,882 times
I heard read they are using grey water for all the irrigation. Maybe the town should make all the developments do that, it would save a lot of water.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I heard the same thing about the water there........probably a good plan because they have been having some challenges finding water for the wells! I live about 3 miles from there, and in this area it is challenging to find adequate water for large developments. Our neighborhood (on a community well) had to dig 10 times before they found adequate water, and guess what, our community well went from producing 58 gallons a minute to 10 in august. So, now Aqua North carolina is having to run water pipes for a little over a mile so that our well can connect to a well in another neighborhood that has an "over production" of water. We were told by the aqua reps that eventually (in the next 6 years) there will be a water tower over on this side of town to help with the new developments (hasentree being the predominate one).

From what aqua north carolina said, this part of wake forest has some difficulty finding enough water to support a large neighborhood (aqua requires a gallon of water per minute per household, and wake county requires 1/2 gallon per minute per family).

I think if more neighborhoods used the grey water system, we wouldn't have this many problems!

Leigh

Old 06-03-2007, 03:56 PM

19 posts, read 67,696 times
Default Live Near Hasentree/ Maybe Moving in

We live in a development quite close to Hasentree (within 1 mile). Hasentree seems to have done what very few developments have done, that is take careful consideration of the environment. But building in Falls Lake watershed, they had to. We are considering downsizing into a Townhouse, and are thinking hard about the Golf Villas at H-tree. I am biased, but I think that general area will develop into a fairly nice area of the triangle to live. One reason is the restictions due to the watershed will limit density. But the downside, is the nearest stores (grocery, etc, are still a few miles away in Wake Forest.

I would like to hear what other people think of this general area (Falls Lake / Hasentree / west of Wake Forest). Thanks.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinstars View Post
We live in a development quite close to Hasentree (within 1 mile). Hasentree seems to have done what very few developments have done, that is take careful consideration of the environment. But building in Falls Lake watershed, they had to. We are considering downsizing into a Townhouse, and are thinking hard about the Golf Villas at H-tree. I am biased, but I think that general area will develop into a fairly nice area of the triangle to live. One reason is the restictions due to the watershed will limit density. But the downside, is the nearest stores (grocery, etc, are still a few miles away in Wake Forest.

I would like to hear what other people think of this general area (Falls Lake / Hasentree / west of Wake Forest). Thanks.
We are close by as well, in covington ridge, and one of things I like about our area is that we are just far enough from grocery stores (5 miles to lowe's) that we have the pristine woods around us without commercial property.

I do know living in this area, they definitely build based on the ability to find water (our neighborhood had to try ten times for a well that would work!), and wake forest has done an excellent job of curving growth enough that the place is not just development after development with no thought involved.

I have seen a tremendous increase in property values in the past couple of years. It is now much harder to find homes on large lots under 300k in wake forest, especially new construction.

I like the area of hasentree and how the developer has laid out the development thus far.

Leigh

Old 09-30-2007, 08:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post

I know this is an old thread, but I had to revive it for any folks interested in Hasentree. We checked it out yesterday during the 2007 Parade of Homes. Hasentree lives up to the Hype in my opinion. I loved the trees, the golf course, and of course the beautiful homes. They are AWESOME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary