Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:59 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,052,405 times

Advertisements

Just read in the TBJ that Suntrust called the note on HasenTree. The developers had stopped paying the note. Now Suntrust holds the deed to the whole shooting match, golf course and all. They have only sold 168 out of 650 lots. I have been to a party out there and it is very nice(not my taste). This cannot be spun as good news even though the developers tried that approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 02:07 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,348,763 times
Just the start I'm afraid! The shoe is dropping in our area just like it dropped around the rest of the country already.

The spin is it can't happen here........well stay tuned it will happen very fast! This area is significantly mortgaged on residential and commercial properties. I am a 1/2 full glass person but this is some very scary stuff happening all around us.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,272,103 times
Back in the early '90s, the developers of Preston had quite a few financial issues. They may have even gone so far as to declare bankruptcy. Looking at Preston, today, you'd never know!

Vicki

Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM

767 posts, read 1,849,705 times
Vicki, you are a true glass 1/2 full person...

Old 12-05-2008, 02:52 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,662,173 times
I was not familiar with this neighborhood. So I just checked out a listing...

This is the bathroom!
http://www.fmrealty.com/site/property/images/949246h.jpg (broken link)

Does the house come with a massage therapist?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Default reply

Vicki- They only got out of their jam back then because of some deep pockets named Goodnight and Saul. I guess 5 billion net worth would be considered fairly wealthy. I do not see anyone coming to the rescue this time. Not for a good while anyway.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
Vicki, you are a true glass 1/2 full person...

You are right, I am. I was just born that way. However, I am also realistic. I don't know the future and I'm not a worrier. I find that things work out the way they are supposed to and no matter what I predict or hope for or worry about, it has no impact on what happens. So...I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Vicki

Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Vicki- They only got out of their jam back then because of some deep pockets named Goodnight and Saul. I guess 5 billion net worth would be considered fairly wealthy. I do not see anyone coming to the rescue this time. Not for a good while anyway.
I understand your point. However, I don't know why Goodnight came along and bailed out Preston. Maybe he thought it was a good investment for himself. If Hasentree needs bailing out...who knows what could happen. There are still plenty of folks in this area with plenty of money, including developers and builders. I know quite a few builders who aren't hurting, even if this market. We hear the bad and the negative but we seldom hear the good, anymore.

Vicki

Old 12-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Default reply

I agree. I hate to see large products here have large problems. The money for most large projects has dried up. I just do not see anyone bailing this project out anytime soon. When the market comes back, Sun Trust will unload it. I know plenty of custom and production builders as well. Most are either facing layoffs or have had to layoff employees. We will not be hurt as bad as most places, but our real estate market has taken a huge it and will continue to do so in the short term. To think otherwise, flies in the face of common sense.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,309,287 times
So what does this mean in lay terms? If somebody shows up tomorrow and wants to buy a lot and build a house in Hasentree are they simply turned away? What does this mean for those who currently live there?

At the end of the day what are the ramifications of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary