Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,989,655 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I thought Wake Forest was kind of pricy. We actually bought in Clayton. We got a much bigger house, great size land for around $200k. Worth looking into unless your heart is really set on WF.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM

10 posts, read 38,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Yeah, I thought Wake Forest was kind of pricy. We actually bought in Clayton. We got a much bigger house, great size land for around $200k. Worth looking into unless your heart is really set on WF.

Good luck!
You made a great choice. Clayton is a wonderful place to find nice, big houses on fantastic lots. My husband will be working in Wake Forest though, and I work in North Raleigh, so we're trying to stay somewhere central to the two places. We've also been looking a little in Creedmoor and areas of South Granville County, which might be easier on me because I can take the back roads to work as opposed to I-540 which turns into a parking lot after 5pm.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,284,255 times
dawnnichole, what about Rolesville or Youngsville?

Vicki

Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM

10 posts, read 38,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
dawnnichole, what about Rolesville or Youngsville?

Vicki
Either one would likely be acceptable as long as we're still in Wake County. Towards Zebulon, Louisburg and Franklinton is getting a bit far and would require more land to draw us out that far.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:00 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,102,581 times
Default Youngsville is near Wake County

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnnichole View Post
We've also been looking a little in Creedmoor and areas of South Granville County, which might be easier on me because I can take the back roads to work as opposed to I-540 which turns into a parking lot after 5pm.
I’d avoid Granville County if I were you. There’s a reason why land around that area is substantially cheaper.

Youngsville, on the other hand, is quite nice. My mother-in-law snatched up a drop-dead beautiful all brick ranch, complete with daylight basement, on nearly 3 acres of land for only 260k back in 2006. It’d probably be more expensive to get the same house today as a hoity toity neighborhood called Hidden Lake is being built near her. Nonetheless, Youngsville in general is a nice alternative to Wake Forest if you seriously want to become a land baron.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 32,129,128 times
Did you try looking on craigslist?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 PM

65 posts, read 192,112 times
We moved to WF from Morrisville two years ago but we looked for a very long time for something in the 300 range with .5 acre minimum and at least 2500 sq ft and we couldn't find anything. We ended up stretching up to 400K and there was much more to choose from.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:55 PM

40 posts, read 133,992 times
There are many nice enclaves & subdivisions in North Raleigh bordering Wake Forest along the 98 in the 27587 zip code that you may find of interest. FYI..I am a resident of Wake Forest and really enjoy life here. There is a fair amount of planned development which will enhance the quality of life, add convenience and certainly add to home appreciation. Good luck & be patient in your search...inventory of homes is on the rise and will offer some good values.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm sure they are out there, but a house of that size, on that much land, in a nice area of Wake Forest, and for that price probably wouln't sit around long. Lots of people in the $300K price range would like to live in a house like you just described. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for this spring when more houses come on the market, but what you described is something I'm sure others are looking for as well.

Good luck!
As would be expected if there are only one or two available that sounds like a sellers market and they can set a higher price. Just because there is a surplus in one place that doesn't mean a market with a shortage should lower prices. You as much as anyone know the neighborhoods and if it won't sit long then the seller has it well priced and if you want it you pay.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 AM

93 posts, read 292,606 times
Market in NC is still very good and it hard to find what you are looking for by yourself. Please seek help of a real estate agent who has more resources and can take some of the pressure away. There services is free to buyers, It is good to have some one who has expertise in this field on your side. There are lot of homes in cookie cutter neighborhood that you can get for your price but not much land. If you are looking for 3+ acres than you will find that it is little difficult to find and people who know that kind of land are asking too much.

As developers are moving in to this area they have raised the expectations for all these sellers and that is causing some of the issues too. once your hope is build high it takes some time before you realize that it is not the right price for the land or house. There are some really nice homes that just cams in market close to Capital blvd. in wakeforest. Yes they are cookie cutter but they are big homes with lots of room inside and they are about your price range. Don't discard them. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary