Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 7,673 times

Advertisements

This guy (either by himself or with accomplices) broke into at least 15 cars in our development and the neighboring development. Very cool, calm and brazen. Check out the pic... We live in Wake Forest by Purnell and Oneal.

I have video evidence. If you want to check it out, email me.
Attached Thumbnails
Help Us Find This Crook! Broke into over 20 cars last night in Wake Forest!-thief.gif  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,414 times
Where, in Wake Forest? (yeah, I saw the cross streets but that doesn't much help). Specifically, is your "development" an Apartment complex, single family homes, town houses? Cars involved, locked or was it a crime of opportunity? Windows broken, etc.

I'd appreciate more information. Can't help if we don't have the facts. I don't email strangers so maybe you can post it here.

ETA, I don't know ALL the rules of City Data but I would THINK, posting a picture of an alleged perpetrator, without facts to back it up, could end up being a legal problem.

I love City Data. The best run message board I've ever participated in, by FAR. Great mods, admins, etc. so I don't want to compromise my standing here.

Regards,

second right

Last edited by second right; 09-06-2012 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: added a bunch of junk that was probably unnecessary

Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
I would imagine the kid lives in the neighborhood.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 PM

4 posts, read 7,673 times
Hillcrest Farms. 1 family houses. 2000+ square feet. Unlocked cars.

Perp stole tools, computers, radar detectors, navigation, etc.

Doubt it's a neighborhood kid. This is someone that has done this regularly and many times before. They were picked up by someone later on. We saw the car come down the block on our cameras bit could not tell what type.

Last edited by rippedoffinwakeforest; 09-06-2012 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Added more info.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoffinwakeforest View Post
Hillcrest Farms. 1 family houses. 2000+ square feet. Unlocked cars.

Perp stole tools, computers, radar detectors, navigation, etc.

Doubt it's a neighborhood kid. This is someone that has done this regularly and many times before. They were picked up by someone later on. We saw the car come down the block on our cameras bit could not tell what type.
Thank you for responding. Crime of opportunity seems to be the problem. Lock your cars. We had the same problem where I live in Wake Forest, and I live in a "poor" area...downtown. From what I understand, it has been going on for several years. Don't expect the WFPD to help you out. Help your self.

Truly, best to you. I know you're angry, frustrated and probably a bunch of other things but in the long run you and your neighbors might try and be proactive.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

second right

Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,522 times
a good reminder not to keep any of those items in your car

Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 AM

310 posts, read 575,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
a good reminder not to keep any of those items in your car
An even better reminder to lock your car.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 AM

862 posts, read 3,549,918 times
You and/or your neighbors may want to patrol craigslist and ebay for those stolen items. There was a woman on another local board who was able to track down her stolen gps from an ebay listing. They were able to successfully get the perp arrested.

Before you even think it: Yes, criminals are dumb enough to sell stuff in the same place they stole it!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim2none View Post
An even better reminder to lock your car.
Nothing stopping a criminal from using a slim jim or just smashing a window to get to your valuables.

I would send this over to WRAL and WTVD while you're at it. They love news stories like this.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Nothing stopping a criminal from using a slim jim ... to get to your valuables.
Seems like a tough way to break into a car!

Happy Friday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary