Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 AM

224 posts, read 434,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
This.
The OP may not feel comfortable doing that. I wouldn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 25,015,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbornNClivin View Post
The OP may not feel comfortable doing that. I wouldn't!
Fine - so don't give names. But tell us what features you found that you liked or didn't like. Give us something specific to help you out. So far, all we know is that the OP is looking for:

A church that is "Christ-centered" and teaches the Bible
Non-Denominational
Not "too big" but not "too small"
Has women's groups, men's groups, and Bible study
Has youth programs

Doesn't really narrow it down much. Given that "fit" really seems to be the issue, finding out what "fits" for the OP and what doesn't is important in helping them identify possible churches.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM

224 posts, read 434,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Fine - so don't give names. But tell us what features you found that you liked or didn't like. Give us something specific to help you out.
I agree. Like with size, about how many members/regular attendees? Probably not 1,000, probably not 100? But roughly how many?

We went to a big church for a long time and now we go to a small church, but we actually have more of a sense of community with the small one and we have Learning Center (sunday school), bible studies, men's breakfasts, women's fellowship nights, men's annual retreat, women's annual retreat, and there are ministries that you can be involved with. SO, I would say a "small" church does not necessarily mean they don't have these activities. We don't, however, have a big teen program like our old church.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM

13,394 posts, read 27,270,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
So far, all we know is that the OP is looking for:

A church that is "Christ-centered" and teaches the Bible
Non-Denominational
Not "too big" but not "too small"
Has women's groups, men's groups, and Bible study
Has youth programs

Doesn't really narrow it down much.
What is most difficult is that she does not want mainstream denominations like Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, etc. That leaves out a lot of groups that could be as warm and welcoming as she seems to want. I'm not sure why the denominational affiliation is a problem. I think people are much the same everywhere: there will be cliques, and people who do not welcome outsiders, and there will be the welcoming ones.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM

167 posts, read 305,201 times
I know you may not want to drive But over in Morrisville is a med size 100-150 on Sunday First Baptist .I know you did not want a denominatinol church but really a church is a group of BIBLE belives that agree and worship together what they believe It has several age Sunday school class in the AM Great children group not to big so they get to know each othe .Pastor is real and down to Earth with daily life/Youth group form many other church come on wed night they are active /Trips/Worship Service etc. We have AWANNA On Sunday night many children come from other church for this Bible teaching Program ,.The adults are friendly and careing but not pushy, All age/past histories, praising together ,Come try it some Sunday ! First Baptist Morrisville We love to see ya! If that not a answer I do hope you will frind the Christian friends you are looking for .I know it can be hard as we moved here 5 yr ago and many time seek more Christian friends like we had back home! I understand!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 25,015,908 times
The OP has not returned to this thread since starting it ...

Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 PM

4 posts, read 3,939 times
Wow, didn't realize how picky Christians can be about where they worship. Hope you find just the right compatible upper middle class professionals for fellowship.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,314,004 times
A brand new ID created to unearth a thread that hasn't been touched in a year and throw shade.

There's been a lot of this going on in C-D land. I thought spring break was over. How do so many trolls have so much time on their hands?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
A brand new ID created to unearth a thread that hasn't been touched in a year and throw shade.

There's been a lot of this going on in C-D land. I thought spring break was over. How do so many trolls have so much time on their hands?
I do agree this thread was rather ridiculous - if you can't find a good enough church in this area you either aren't trying or too perfect for jesus himself......but what is it with the trolls? So many forums have been hit with people trying to resurrect old, old threads.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 PM

204 posts, read 264,424 times
Not sure why moderators don't just lock these old worthless threads that have gone nowhere. It makes sense to me to prevent trolling. There should be a script that could be generated to auto-lock inactive threads after a threshold is met of no activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary