Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,683 times

Advertisements

We are originally from NYC and belonged to a mega chuch which we absolutely loved. You may have heard of it. Christian Cultural Center aka CCC. Anyway, since moving down to NC we have prayed that God would lead us to a church that teaches the bible, has a great childrens/teens ministry, and where my husband and I could connect with other christian brother's and sisters. Since coming down almost a year and 1/2 ago, we have been to several churches, but none where we felt compelled to join. If the word was good, the praise and worship was lacking, or there is no childrens ministry. We just have not connected yet.

If anyone knows of a church where the praise and worship is great, the teaching is amazing, and has a thriving children's ministry, please let me know.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:45 PM

387 posts, read 1,046,521 times
I think you'd really like newhope Church over near Southpoint Mall in Durham.

Newhope Church - Durham, Raleigh & Chape Hill Contemporary Worship

The theology there is pretty traditional as far as I can tell. The pastor gives great sermons and the music is very well done.

However, if you're looking for a church that feels like home I don't think you'll find it there...it's so big the pastor probably doesn't know but a couple hundred of people who were there in the beginning (as we were). We moved on years ago, but I happened to listen to a sermon online and had a question about it, so I emailed the pastor. I received a "thank you for writing" form letter email from his secretary but no personal response ever.

The church we attend now has about 250 people and the pastor knows everyone, responds personally to emails, and will meet you for coffee to talk over personal problems, theological questions, or whatever you want to talk about. It's a nice change of pace.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:56 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,566,277 times
I know this is probably a bit in the opposite direction but an amazing church is Richland Creek on Burlington Mill Rd. They have an awesome music ministry and awesome childrens program. You should really check that one out.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 PM

18 posts, read 19,556 times
Have you looked into Raleigh North Christian Center?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM

273 posts, read 563,042 times
We attend Hope Community Church in Cary off of Buck Jones Rd and love it. I think Pastor Mike Lee makes the church and they have a wonderful area for kids in Kid City.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM

521 posts, read 1,599,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgeorge2012 View Post
...a church where the praise and worship is great...
Can you provide more information about the style of praise and worship that you prefer?

Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 AM

564 posts, read 874,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgeorge2012 View Post
We are originally from NYC and belonged to a mega chuch which we absolutely loved. You may have heard of it. Christian Cultural Center aka CCC. Anyway, since moving down to NC we have prayed that God would lead us to a church that teaches the bible, has a great childrens/teens ministry, and where my husband and I could connect with other christian brother's and sisters. Since coming down almost a year and 1/2 ago, we have been to several churches, but none where we felt compelled to join. If the word was good, the praise and worship was lacking, or there is no childrens ministry. We just have not connected yet.

If anyone knows of a church where the praise and worship is great, the teaching is amazing, and has a thriving children's ministry, please let me know.

Thanks.
Try Crosspointe in Cary.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

330 posts, read 985,618 times
Check out Connections Church. It is non-denominational. It is big enough to have the great teaching, worship and kids programs you want without being so big that everyone is a stranger.

Raleigh Churches - Non-denominational: Connections Church - Raleigh, Cary, Apex

Old 01-26-2012, 05:01 PM

226 posts, read 507,276 times
I'm not a church goer, so I can't speak from experience here. From the grapevine, I have some friends who really enjoy C3 Church in Clayton, but that might out of your range.

Just south of Raleigh is Mid-way Baptist, where I know several of the congregation. They seem very happy there.

It really depends on what you're looking for. There are plenty of old-fashioned Southern churches here, as well as more modern, celebratory type worship as well. It would be helpful too to narrow your geographic range a little more. How far are you willing to drive for services and church activities?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM

459 posts, read 758,247 times
Another vote for Hope Community Church. Love Pastor Mike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary