Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM

26 posts, read 62,606 times

Advertisements

Thanks twingles. Good point! We're looking for both a decent backyard as well as some spacing/privacy between our neighbors, so sounds like we need to be a bit pickier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Do we have the same principal

I hear the GHHS ones are interesting too
Hedrick cracks me up. He definitely doesn't use cue cards. He's great. My eldest graduated from GHHS back in 2008. That's part of why we sent our middle kid to GHHS. Almost sent him to Cary High, but he said he didn't care which one he went to. He's such a laid back kid.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound12 View Post
Thanks twingles. Good point! We're looking for both a decent backyard as well as some spacing/privacy between our neighbors, so sounds like we need to be a bit pickier.
You may benefit from renting here before you buy. Get a feel for the area.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 PM

26 posts, read 62,606 times
Thanks, meh_whatever. We're definitely considering that option (renting) to get a better feel for the area. Really appreciate everyone's help!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound12 View Post
Thanks, meh_whatever. We're definitely considering that option (renting) to get a better feel for the area. Really appreciate everyone's help!
I think you're much more likely to wind up in an area that you like best if you get to know the Triangle a bit better before buying.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times
I couldn't help but comment in this thread about RCES and RCMS. Loved RCES unconditionally. Great principal, very involved staff, etc., etc.

As for RCMS, it may be okay for kids with no learning issues, but if your kid needs services of any kind, you'll be up a creek. I speak from personal experience, having fought unsuccessfully for our entire sixth-grade year to get help. The very second we could get out, we did. First week in new school, the teachers and counseling staff were on the ball. Couldn't be happier. I'd homeschool before going back to RCMS. As with everything, your mileage may vary, as obviously it has for others.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I couldn't help but comment in this thread about RCES and RCMS. Loved RCES unconditionally. Great principal, very involved staff, etc., etc.

As for RCMS, it may be okay for kids with no learning issues, but if your kid needs services of any kind, you'll be up a creek. I speak from personal experience, having fought unsuccessfully for our entire sixth-grade year to get help. The very second we could get out, we did. First week in new school, the teachers and counseling staff were on the ball. Couldn't be happier. I'd homeschool before going back to RCMS. As with everything, your mileage may vary, as obviously it has for others.
Totally opposite experience. My son was on an IEP all 3 years there and the staff at RCMS were highly responsive and quite proactive.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Commute from N. Raleigh to SAS is about 40-45 in regular traffic at rush hour.
Holy crap! What are you defining as N. Raleigh? There are some lovely parts of north Raleigh that are barely 10 miles and only 15-20 minutes from SAS.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
I have to agree here! NW Raleigh (especially if you are close to 540) and west Raleigh (inside or outside the beltline, close to 440/40) have got to be closer than Apex and Holly Springs! In NW Raleigh, most anything between Glenwood and Creedmoor or Lead Mine will have reasonable commutes - definitely under 30 minutes. If you are close to 540, hop on that down to 40 and head over. If you are in the southern part of that triangle, you can take some local roads to Wade/40. It's the getting around Umstead Park.

As for west Raleigh, parts of that are even close if you aren't right by Harrison Ave itself. Have a friend who lives in Bridgeton Park and loves the neighborhood. Easy commute from there.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 PM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
Oh - and see the Leesville/Barton's Creek recent thread for some commute times to RTP/Cary. Leesville schools are very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary