Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,655,324 times

Advertisements

A friend said that there was a flea market on Capital Blvd...first I've heard of it.

Does anyone know where it is and have an opinion on it? We frequent the state fairgrounds, but I was looking for a change of scenery. I tried googling it and didn't find an exact address (unless I missed it).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

At the SE corner of Crabtree Blvd and Capital Blvd.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
It's popular with the Hispanic community and has fresh fruits and vegetables in the summer. It's been there for a very long time.

You'll find a greater variety of goods at the fairgrounds.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,168,057 times
We used to frequent the Raleigh Indoor Flea Market off Capital, but after a while it became of little interest to us. The vendors inventory and items for sale were the same items month after month. The produce trucks are probably the biggest attraction now. But you can find good fresh produce at the Fairgrounds flea market also.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:34 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,342,548 times
Yes, definitely a Hispanic hot spot. We frequent this place every other weekend. The fruits and veggies market must be the best kept secret in town. The prices are cheaper than anywhere we've found, sometimes 1/2 the price of the larger Farmers Market near NC State.

The Indoor Flea Market portion is fun to stroll through. We found the stores and goods more practical than whats sold at the State Fair Grounds even though it is smaller and it is indeed the same stuff. You can find anything from Car Stereo equipment, to pet stuff, to household goods, to tools, computers, furniture, shoes, clothing, toys, etc etc. And again, the prices seem a lot more reasonable than the State Fair Grounds.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 PM

662 posts, read 1,645,051 times
The name of it is the "Raleigh Flea Market Mall." Not nearly as big as THE flea market at the fairgrounds, but it's neat to visit nonetheless. I love the diversity and it feels kind of like you're in a different country outside. Inside lots of neat stores. I buy lingerie there from time to time. There's also a really good biker outfitter inside, leather mostly they also have lots of cool patches.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:16 PM

I was there again today. They always have these truckloads of tires and advertise as $25/tire including mounting (cash only no refunds). Tons of people there buying and getting them installed on their cars. I walked by some tires laying there and they seem to be name brand Michelin, etc.

Anyone have experience with this? There must be some catch.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,583,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
I was there again today. They always have these truckloads of tires and advertise as $25/tire including mounting (cash only no refunds). Tons of people there buying and getting them installed on their cars. I walked by some tires laying there and they seem to be name brand Michelin, etc.

Prices start at $25/tire. Price goes up with the tread depth and tire size i.e. more tread = more money. My advice would be to buy new tires. Two things you should never go cheap with a car and that's tires and brakes. I have a '90 Jeep Cherokee with 422,xxx miles and it has new tires. And I'm cheap.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,158,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post

We just bought some tires there this weekend. It was $64.something after tax for two tires. We only really needed tires that are going to last until the end of the year when we dump the POS and buy a new car so it was perfect for us. If we were driving a car that wasn't literally falling into the ground though I wouldn't put used tired on it.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM

Thanks everyone for the clarification on the tire place. I didn't know they were used tired and started at $25. How does it work? Do you go up to the counter and tell them your size and they show you different treads and prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary