Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM

33 posts, read 63,056 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I have just relocated to the area, and I am working in Knightdale. I am looking for a new home with my fiancee (who works downtown), and we were looking at new construction. Ideally, we want some place where, if either of us ever works in RTP, it would be a manageable commute (ie dont want to live in Knightdale or Garner...keep it less than 25 miles).

That said, we found a new, small development between Capital and 401 on Spring Forest (The Glen on Spring Forest). The houses are great, but the development looks like it's coming along slowly. I have seen comments that the area might not be the best, though. I do know these homes are a bit more expensive than anything else within a couple of miles. Anyone have thoughts on this area?

Also, we are looking at Bedford up Falls of Neuse and Stonegate outside of 540. How are those areas? Is the commute to downtown OK from there?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 02:22 PM

120 posts, read 498,461 times
Definitely look in Bedford- that area is pretty established and nice. As for the area on Capital on Spring Forest.....I can't say I've seen the subdivision but I know the area....I would recommend you carefully look at the neighborhood and surrounding areas because even though the houses seem nice and new it might not be the best area to live in.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Of the neighborhoods you mentioned, I like Bedford the most. You will pay a bit more to live in Bedford but worth it.

I also like Highland Creek.

Vicki

Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the early replies. I have noticed a lot of bad commentary about the Capital Blvd Area, which makes me very wary of The Glen on Spring Forest (but the homes, included features, and layout are so very appealing).

I have seen Highland Creek but didn't stop in. Are they all vinyl siding? That's something I want to avoid--I just don't like it and had issues with it on my last home.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 PM

47 posts, read 102,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag9600 View Post
Thanks for the early replies. I have noticed a lot of bad commentary about the Capital Blvd Area, which makes me very wary of The Glen on Spring Forest (but the homes, included features, and layout are so very appealing).

I have seen Highland Creek but didn't stop in. Are they all vinyl siding? That's something I want to avoid--I just don't like it and had issues with it on my last home.
Check out the Landings @ Neuse Crossings, it's accessible to Capital Blvd, actually right off of 401 & Mitchell Mill Road, good schools, plenty of places to eat, not far from Triangle Town Center, 540 or access to 40 or US 1/Capital Blvd. Most homes do have vinyl siding of some sort even with some exposed brick.

Bedford is very nice and home prices there took a tumble a couple years back and are starting to rebound because of the demand to live in that area, mostly driven by good school system, close to Wake Med, 540 and Capital Blvd, but check out the HOA fees, they are not cheap.

Highland Creek is still under development, similar homes compared to Landings @ Neuse Crossings, no townhomes yet in the Landings area though.

Best of luck with your search!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
I live on Capital.

It's not that bad except for Mini-City.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:43 PM

If you are looking for brand new, it will help to know your price range but Shearon Farms has some new townhouses and so does Granite Ridge.

Vicki

Old 10-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Price range is probably up to about $325 (but keeping it under $300 would be preferable, obviously

Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
I'm not a fan of the rush hour commute up and down Capital Boulevard. I live near Bedford and take a backway to downtown by taking Atlantic Avenue. It takes about 20-25 minutes.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:31 PM

I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding some nice n'hoods in your price range.

You may also want to check into the n'hoods around Falls River and Durant Trails. Those around Durant Road would be a good option for driving to Knightdale and to RTP.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary