Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:27 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times

Advertisements

Pretty much. We told them we had 14s and they said, "You want to spend $50 or $60?" Then they jack up your car and change the tires right there in the parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 AM

569 posts, read 1,977,858 times
If you buy used(or even new) tires, be sure to check the date code. Tires have a shelf life and will go bad just sitting. Many sources say they can become dangerous in as little as six years.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aged...hazard-4826897

Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Are you saying you thought the tires were new. LMAO. The flea market mall is nothing like the experience of the fairgrounds. two different worlds, or americas you could say. The mall used to be diverse but now is overwhelmingly hispanic centered. The produce is great however. And I believe its open all week in the parking lot. However if your wanting to stroll through an open air market kind of day this will feel alot like walmart with even crappier stuff.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,340,465 times
Yeah I figured with all those people buying tires there, it had to be somewhat of a deal.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM

545 posts, read 1,604,906 times
About the produce - anyone know if they usually have fresh lemons? Since I have broken my soft drink addiction, I am hoping to make lots of real lemonade this spring/summer. Lemons at the grocery stores are outrageous IMO (lucky if you can get 5-6 of them for $2 on sale). I wonder if they will have them there cheap? They are expensive at the State Farmers Market, too.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
I noticed the limes were cheap while there. Didn't take a look at lemon prices. I swear I think some of the citrus gets jacked off the back of trucks. We noticed a couple of crates that said "For Export" on the box.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM

192 posts, read 312,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
If you buy used(or even new) tires, be sure to check the date code. Tires have a shelf life and will go bad just sitting. Many sources say they can become dangerous in as little as six years.

Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard? | Video - ABC News
I second that. My husband is a mechanic and he does not like to buy tires there. He's purchased really good used tires in the past for his older vehicle from other places. The few times he's been to the flea market to look for tires he hasn't found any worthwhile, he says the tires there are just not good and if you don't know what to look for in a tire than you should buy new.

The produce there is really good however, you get lots more for the buck than at any of the other Flea Markets, we've also found lots of small used electronic devices for quite a steal!

Rocio

Old 12-24-2013, 12:03 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
It's popular with the Hispanic community and has fresh fruits and vegetables in the summer. It's been there for a very long time.

You'll find a greater variety of goods at the fairgrounds.

It's very diverse there. It's truly a multicultural experience. Although, the fairgrounds flea market does have a greater variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRhythm View Post
The name of it is the "Raleigh Flea Market Mall." Not nearly as big as THE flea market at the fairgrounds, but it's neat to visit nonetheless. I love the diversity and it feels kind of like you're in a different country outside. Inside lots of neat stores. I buy lingerie there from time to time. There's also a really good biker outfitter inside, leather mostly they also have lots of cool patches.
Very true. One of my fave flea markets in the Triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Thanks everyone for the clarification on the tire place. I didn't know they were used tired and started at $25. How does it work? Do you go up to the counter and tell them your size and they show you different treads and prices?
Not sure, but it's usually always packed. So you might wanna get there early.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 PM

19 posts, read 40,455 times
The tire store sells a lot of 'single' tires when someone needs just 1 tire for cheap. I did get plugs and patches done on 1 of my cars there ($ 5 I think) and that was because Firestone refused to honor their warranty saying the leak was 'too close to the sidewall'. I know the price sounds crazy but at that time I wanted to be done with a quick fix and get my car running and not spend another $250 bucks on tires.
I have seen them sell used tires - somewhat matching treads etc - did not know they had brand new tires.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:19 AM

978 posts, read 2,052,789 times
A lot of people make fun of the indoor flea market, but I used to get some cool stuff there. There used to be a guy years back that sold old computer stuff. I bought plenty of IBM Model M keyboards from him for about $5 a piece. I'm using one right now.

There are some Asian booths, African, Mexican, you name it... Good handmade orangeaids too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary