Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 PM

12 posts, read 17,574 times

Advertisements

Looking for a certain type of Baptist church. I want to find one that holds to the doctrine of Old Landmarkism. This is typically an independent, missionary assembly that is very conservative in regards to how the Bible is to be understood. Is there one in Wake or Johnston county that anyone is aware of? Just having the word "Landmark" in their name does not mean they hold to this doctrine. Landmark Free Will Baptist Church is an example of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
Would this be of that ilk? History or Beacon in Raleigh. Here is more info on who is affiliated with them. Southeastern Free Will Baptist College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am not Baptist but have plenty of friends who are. You will find most churches in Eastern Wake to be more conservative but they are open to all people and very welcoming.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Would this be of that ilk? History or Beacon in Raleigh. Here is more info on who is affiliated with them. Southeastern Free Will Baptist College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am not Baptist but have plenty of friends who are. You will find most churches in Eastern Wake to be more conservative but they are open to all people and very welcoming.
Thanks for the info. Free will Baptists generally do not hold to Landmarkism. Sorry I didn't include that in my first post.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:57 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graykepi View Post
Free will Baptists generally do not hold to Landmarkism.
I read one article which said the Landmarkers might also be called historic or Missionary Baptist churches. Is that true? If so, there are several Missionary Baptist churches in the raleigh area.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:06 AM

In the same way that some churches have the word "Landmark" as part of their name yet do not hold to Landmarkism, some add "Missionary" to their title and do not hold to Landmarkism. This is the case of those churches in the area.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
You apparently have a difficult search. I tried reading a few "mission statements" from some area churches. The only possible I could see is the First Baptist in downtown Raleigh, which is a very old church which does not belong to the Southern Baptist Convention. Here's their history section, but I can't detect Landmarkism: History

Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You apparently have a difficult search. I tried reading a few "mission statements" from some area churches. The only possible I could see is the First Baptist in downtown Raleigh, which is a very old church which does not belong to the Southern Baptist Convention. Here's their history section, but I can't detect Landmarkism: History
First Baptist Church in Raleigh, while apart from the SBC, is part of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship which takes a very liberal approach to the Bible.I am uncomfortable with that viewpoint. It is an old assembly, no doubt about that.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 PM

498 posts, read 854,125 times
Have you looked into Colonial Baptist in Cary? Pastor Davey is a Bible preacher all the way - often one verse each week. The Bible is considered "the truth without any mixture of error." Our beliefs are what others would call conservative (such as 6 literal days of creation), but to us are simply truth.

Colonial Baptist Church - Our Beliefs

Old 03-14-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
Have you looked into Colonial Baptist in Cary? Pastor Davey is a Bible preacher all the way - often one verse each week. The Bible is considered "the truth without any mixture of error." Our beliefs are what others would call conservative (such as 6 literal days of creation), but to us are simply truth.

Colonial Baptist Church - Our Beliefs

Yes, I did look into this assembly.They are not what I am looking for.Thanks for checking into it though.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM

413 posts, read 877,899 times
Is it possible to contact a pastor from your previous congregation
for recommendations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary