Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 PM

235 posts, read 423,271 times

Advertisements

What's the best Vietnamese restaurant in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times
I see you're in Cary, but this is worth the trip to Durham. Kind of shady neighborhood, but excellent food. Don't make my mistake and try to go on a Monday though.

Saigon Grill - North Durham - Durham | Urbanspoon

Spring rolls and pho are amazing here.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 PM

235 posts, read 423,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
I see you're in Cary, but this is worth the trip to Durham. Kind of shady neighborhood, but excellent food. Don't make my mistake and try to go on a Monday though.

Might not be the best place to take some friends from out of town Will definitely try this one of these days! thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM

226 posts, read 506,771 times
I have several friends who swear by Pho Cali on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh.

Dalat, in Mission Valley shopping center, is kind of just above cheap college eats, but still tasty. Maybe not the best Vietnamese in the area, but good for a quick fix.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 PM

475 posts, read 1,574,993 times
The Vietnamese guy doing my pedicure the other day said Pho Cali is where he goes for his food. The most authentic in this area, apparently.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM

533 posts, read 1,198,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post

+1 on Saigon Grill, although I'd quibble on the neighborhood being characterized as shady. Certainly not the most lovely strip of real estate , but I've never felt unsafe there.

That said, the food is very good.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 AM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times
Pho Far East and Pho Cali are the best places that I've had in the triangle... Any of the other places don't even come close. Btw, Dalat serves their spring rolls with a red sauce that is shameful (not your typical Viet place)

Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
For me it depends on what type of food I'm getting. If I want pho, I go to Pho Cali or Pho Far East both on Capital Blvd. If I want bun I go to 9N9 in RTP or Mo-Te on Capital Blvd. For banh mi there used to be a great place on Capital but it changed hands and their banh mi selection went way down unfortunately.

I have yet to find a real Vietnamese restaurant in Cary

Last edited by evaofnc; 02-17-2012 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: apparently name has changed since last time I bothered to look

Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM

430 posts, read 626,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
Pho Far East and Pho Cali are the best places that I've had in the triangle... Any of the other places don't even come close. Btw, Dalat serves their spring rolls with a red sauce that is shameful (not your typical Viet place)
Dalat does, however, serve really great Vietnamese subs (Bánh mì). I was skeptical but a friend insisted I try them and they are delicious.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
Pho Far East The #32 was great last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary