Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM

13 posts, read 32,571 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm considering switching from Verizon to Sprint and purchasing an iPhone 4s. I've read about some issues with Sprint's network speed and the iPhone and was wondering if anyone has an iPhone with Sprint and what your experience has been like in Raleigh area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,597,224 times
I don't think you'll find better service in the nation better than Verizon.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,838,632 times
I recently spoke to a friend that had spotty coverage w/ Sprint (regular phone) and switched to Verizon and got the iPhone. I also have a Verizon iPhone and I'm quite happy.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:03 AM

835 posts, read 3,983,036 times
Couple of years ago a neighbor of mine got out of a Sprint contract with no penalty due to lack of coverage in many parts of Wake Forest. They told him it was just one of those things where it was between towers which we all live with from time to time but really difficult if your phone doesn't work at your home. If you're in northern Wake County may want to think twice about Sprint.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 AM

13 posts, read 32,571 times
Thanks for the responses so far - very helpful! Keep 'em coming. I've been with Verizon since they took over Alltel and have no complaints about their coverage. However, they are expensive, do not offer an unlimited data plan (I'm not a current smartphone customer) and I've experienced very poor service recently at two of their locations. This is why I'm exploring alternatives. Sprint seems to have the best deal, but if coverage is not good, I'll think twice about switching.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 AM

770 posts, read 2,757,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley_Gal View Post
Hi,

I'm considering switching from Verizon to Sprint and purchasing an iPhone 4s. I've read about some issues with Sprint's network speed and the iPhone and was wondering if anyone has an iPhone with Sprint and what your experience has been like in Raleigh area. Thanks!
I have sprint and iphone 4s and dont have any problems with coverage or speed

Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 AM

28 posts, read 43,468 times
If you're out of sprints "network" you will lose your unlimited data. Its the fine print they don't advertise. 2gb is plenty as long as you're not streaming video all day

Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley_Gal View Post
Thanks for the responses so far - very helpful! Keep 'em coming. I've been with Verizon since they took over Alltel and have no complaints about their coverage. However, they are expensive, do not offer an unlimited data plan (I'm not a current smartphone customer) and I've experienced very poor service recently at two of their locations. This is why I'm exploring alternatives. Sprint seems to have the best deal, but if coverage is not good, I'll think twice about switching.
It would be your best hustle to read my posts in the other cell phone related thread especially since you are not a smart phone user there is no reason to pay for than $45/month for unlimited:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...pinions-2.html

Be sure to read all of my posts. I think any questions you might have will be answered.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 PM

735 posts, read 1,587,866 times
I have two androids and a iPhone 4 with sprint and have zero issues. Also I roam plenty out of network and have read the fine print when our daughter went off to college and nothing states that the plan moves away from unlimited when out of network just that the majority of your minutes/data cannot be roaming.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:45 AM

843 posts, read 2,104,133 times
I have a iphone 4 and Sprint. No issues. Very few pockets where you drop a call. A guy I work with has iphone and Version. He doesnt get unlimited and he also has a few pockets where the calls drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary